Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 4th Feb 18, 12:19 AM
    • 8,706Posts
    • 9,283Thanks
    pappa golf
    NOT the sort
    • 4th Feb 18, 12:19 AM
    NOT the sort 4th Feb 18 at 12:19 AM
    of person that you would clamp

NI case , oh heck it might end up ugly if a PPC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-42933506
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 4th Feb 18, 2:00 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,283 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 4th Feb 18, 2:00 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 2:00 PM
    oh dear , it was a private parking co and they have reported him to the police

Parking and Enforcement Agency (PEA). must be very brave or stupid people to annoy this person

look like changes may just happen in NI

update on BBC site http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-42936610
    Last edited by pappa golf; 04-02-2018 at 2:11 PM.
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • ratechaser
    • By ratechaser 4th Feb 18, 3:20 PM
    • 476 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    ratechaser
    • 4th Feb 18, 3:20 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 3:20 PM
    Is clamping on private land still allowed then in NI? Otherwise surely it!!!8217;s PEA that are the criminals here...
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 4th Feb 18, 3:21 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,283 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 4th Feb 18, 3:21 PM
    yes , clamping is still allowed in NI
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • ratechaser
    • By ratechaser 4th Feb 18, 3:21 PM
    • 476 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    ratechaser
    And what on earth is going on with MSEs rendering of the humble apostrophe?

‘’’’
    • waamo
    • By waamo 4th Feb 18, 3:34 PM
    • 2,633 Posts
    • 3,233 Thanks
    waamo
    • 4th Feb 18, 3:34 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 3:34 PM
    I am surprised the bloke was late back. Surely he had a timer.
    This space for hire.
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 4th Feb 18, 4:13 PM
    • 26,671 Posts
    • 34,329 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    • 4th Feb 18, 4:13 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 4:13 PM
    And what on earth is going on with MSEs rendering of the humble apostrophe?

‘’’’
    Originally posted by ratechaser
    It's something to do with apple etc.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 4th Feb 18, 6:37 PM
    • 8,957 Posts
    • 13,730 Thanks
    trisontana
    • 4th Feb 18, 6:37 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 6:37 PM
    The BBC got it wrong tonight on their news report. According to them he "parked illegally" on that private car-park. No, he didn't, he just broke one of their rules, no parking law was broken.
    Last edited by trisontana; 04-02-2018 at 6:51 PM.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • Ryandavis1959
    • By Ryandavis1959 4th Feb 18, 6:48 PM
    • 211 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    Ryandavis1959
    • 4th Feb 18, 6:48 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 6:48 PM
    OP couldn!!!8217;t be more wrong and comes across as a troglodyte. As Kelly is a SF politician, their political enemies will seize upon this (including in London) to make a SF politician look as bad as possible. He has already been painted as a law breaker and someone who believes he is above the common !!!8220;law abiding!!!8221; person by cutting the clamp off. Even though we all know clamping should be illegal.

If anything this will set back the cause in NI even further, as SF rivals will be unable to admit that clamping is WRONG without also acknowledging that Kelly was correct in removing the clamp. Clamping will all of a sudden be completely fair and reasonable as long as it makes SF look nasty.

PS ... way to try and paint SF as a bunch of scum bags who will break the legs of the clampers for clamping the car. SF are a law abiding legitimate party and you would do well to not paint us as gangsters!
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 4th Feb 18, 6:55 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,283 Thanks
    pappa golf
    [QUOTE=Ryandavis1959;73830577]OP couldn!!!8217;t be more wrong and comes across as a troglodyte. As Kelly is a SF politician, their political enemies will seize upon this (including in London) to make a SF politician look as bad as possible. He has already been painted as a law breaker and someone who believes he is above the common !!!8220;law abiding!!!8221; person by cutting the clamp off. Even though we all know clamping should be illegal.

If anything this will set back the cause in NI even further, as SF rivals will be unable to admit that clamping is WRONG without also acknowledging that Kelly was correct in removing the clamp. Clamping will all of a sudden be completely fair and reasonable as long as it makes SF look nasty.

PS ... way to try and paint SF as a bunch of scum bags who will break the legs of the clampers for clamping the car. SF are a law abiding legitimate party and you would do well to not paint us as gangsters![/QUOTE]

I went to B+Q , got paint and brushes and I will do as I wish

you say " paint us " , in that case your laws are far different to e/w , please stop commenting on e/w laws and go to the NI version of MSE
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Ryandavis1959
    • By Ryandavis1959 4th Feb 18, 6:57 PM
    • 211 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    Ryandavis1959
    [QUOTE=pappa golf;73830597]
    OP couldn!!!8217;t be more wrong and comes across as a troglodyte. As Kelly is a SF politician, their political enemies will seize upon this (including in London) to make a SF politician look as bad as possible. He has already been painted as a law breaker and someone who believes he is above the common !!!8220;law abiding!!!8221; person by cutting the clamp off. Even though we all know clamping should be illegal.

PS ... way to try and paint SF as a bunch of scum bags who will break the legs of the clampers for clamping the car. SF are a law abiding legitimate party and you would do well to not paint us as gangsters![/QUOTE]

I went to B+Q , got paint and brushes and I will do as I wish

you say " paint us " , in that case your laws are far different to e/w , please stop commenting on e/w laws and go to the NI version of MSE
    Originally posted by Ryandavis1959
    As a proud Catholic and Celtic supporter, I will always stand with my brothers across the water.

Please provide a link to NI MSE, thanks.
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 4th Feb 18, 7:02 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,283 Thanks
    pappa golf
    please go and stand in the corner , goodbye
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • waamo
    • By waamo 4th Feb 18, 7:04 PM
    • 2,633 Posts
    • 3,233 Thanks
    waamo

PS ... way to try and paint SF as a bunch of scum bags who will break the legs of the clampers for clamping the car. SF are a law abiding legitimate party and you would do well to not paint us as gangsters!
    WTF are you on about? Trying to paint SF as anything? Who has done that?
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Feb 18, 7:23 PM
    • 54,103 Posts
    • 67,767 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    SF are a law abiding legitimate party and you would do well to not paint us as gangsters!
    Please explain who is this 'us'?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• waamo
    • By waamo 4th Feb 18, 7:26 PM
    • 2,633 Posts
    • 3,233 Thanks
    waamo
    He was only supposed to blow the bloody doors off.
    This space for hire.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 4th Feb 18, 7:41 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,283 Thanks
    pappa golf
    WTF are you on about? Trying to paint SF as anything? Who has done that?
    Originally posted by waamo
    evidently he did not cut the clamp off , it was his ***** guards
    he was at a meeting with *** witnesses at the time , at least ** miles away
    Last edited by pappa golf; 04-02-2018 at 9:27 PM.
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 5th Feb 18, 9:13 AM
    • 894 Posts
    • 676 Thanks
    Computersaysno
    Bit like the Raymond McCartney case....stabbed to death in a pub and all 135 people were in the toilet at the time. Seriously.
    Welcome to the world of 'Protect the brand at the cost of free speech'
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Feb 18, 9:41 AM
    • 8,228 Posts
    • 7,547 Thanks
    The Deep
    OP couldn!!!8217;t be more wrong and comes across as a troglodyte. As Kelly is a SF politician,

I am the OP Ryan and I have not commented on the Hon Member.for Belfast North.

Please explain why you think that my house, which I built myself, and of which I am very proud,

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?searchType=SALE&locationIdentifier=POSTC ODE%5E701923&insId=1&radius=0.0&minPrice=425000&ma xPrice=1500000&minBedrooms=&maxBedrooms=&displayPr opertyType=&maxDaysSinceAdded=&_includeSSTC=on&sor tByPriceDescending=&primaryDisplayPropertyType=&se condaryDisplayPropertyType=&oldDisplayPropertyType =&oldPrimaryDisplayPropertyType=&newHome=&auction= false

has be hewn from the rock?
    Last edited by The Deep; 05-02-2018 at 9:50 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Feb 18, 5:07 PM
    • 16,678 Posts
    • 26,085 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    OP couldn!!!8217;t be more wrong and comes across as a troglodyte. As Kelly is a SF politician,

I am the OP Ryan and I have not commented on the Hon Member.for Belfast North.

Please explain why you think that my house, which I built myself, and of which I am very proud,

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?searchType=SALE&locationIdentifier=POSTC ODE%5E701923&insId=1&radius=0.0&minPrice=425000&ma xPrice=1500000&minBedrooms=&maxBedrooms=&displayPr opertyType=&maxDaysSinceAdded=&_includeSSTC=on&sor tByPriceDescending=&primaryDisplayPropertyType=&se condaryDisplayPropertyType=&oldDisplayPropertyType =&oldPrimaryDisplayPropertyType=&newHome=&auction= false

has be hewn from the rock?
    Originally posted by The Deep
    This spacious property offers over 2,700 square feet of accommodation and could easily accommodate two families.
    Any chance you will be taking in a refugee family, before Jezza C has part of it compulsorily purchased?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

145Posts Today

1,570Users online

Martin's Twitter