Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GOLFNUT
    • By GOLFNUT 3rd Feb 18, 5:51 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 9Thanks
    GOLFNUT
    Late Appeal
    • 3rd Feb 18, 5:51 PM
    Late Appeal 3rd Feb 18 at 5:51 PM
    Hi All,

Have received a PCN from ParkingEye which I wrongly ignored and after a second letter from them and a letter from Equita I realise I should have appealed. I intend to do the appeal now as the Newbies thread said this can/should be done. I would like to know if when appealing a PCN should I include a receipt or bank statement record of purchase at the store, like ParkingEye suggests in the PCN notes, or does this provide evidence of culpability?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 3rd Feb 18, 6:01 PM
    • 5,612 Posts
    • 4,291 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 3rd Feb 18, 6:01 PM
    • 3rd Feb 18, 6:01 PM
    Surely a receipt or bank statement, suitably redacted of course, only demonstrates that an occupant of the car bought a car park ticket or was shopping there?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 3rd Feb 18, 6:06 PM
    • 16,619 Posts
    • 25,965 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 3rd Feb 18, 6:06 PM
    • 3rd Feb 18, 6:06 PM
    If Equita (debt collectors) are involved it seems that PE have probably washed their hands of your case. Possibly a landowner who will not allow PE to pursue you to court, or they have screwed up on the PoFA end of their NtK.

Nothing to stop you sending off your initial appeal to PE (with receipts), but unlikely to produce any result other than for them to refer you back to Equita.

In terms of dealing with Equita (or any other debt crawler), please read the NEWBIES FAQ stick, post #4.

I wonder how much fight is left in PE given the weight of opinion supporting the Private Members Bill and Crapita casting them adrift to any available asset stripper. Have not seen many PE court cases over the past few months. Things may well have changed - and the worm is turning!

On whose land were you parked (retailer name/hotel/hospital???)?
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 03-02-2018 at 6:08 PM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • GOLFNUT
    • By GOLFNUT 3rd Feb 18, 9:32 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    GOLFNUT
    • 3rd Feb 18, 9:32 PM
    • 3rd Feb 18, 9:32 PM
    If Equita (debt collectors) are involved it seems that PE have probably washed their hands of your case. Possibly a landowner who will not allow PE to pursue you to court, or they have screwed up on the PoFA end of their NtK.

Nothing to stop you sending off your initial appeal to PE (with receipts), but unlikely to produce any result other than for them to refer you back to Equita.

In terms of dealing with Equita (or any other debt crawler), please read the NEWBIES FAQ stick, post #4.

I wonder how much fight is left in PE given the weight of opinion supporting the Private Members Bill and Crapita casting them adrift to any available asset stripper. Have not seen many PE court cases over the past few months. Things may well have changed - and the worm is turning!

On whose land were you parked (retailer name/hotel/hospital???)?
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Thanks Umkomaas, really useful information and advice.

It was on ASDA car park. Shopping was done there and purchases made, including using their cafe. Will fire off the appeal with supporting proof of purchases. I also intend to complain to the store and get them to tell PE to cancel the PCN. Two pronged attack!
    • GOLFNUT
    • By GOLFNUT 10th Feb 18, 1:43 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    GOLFNUT
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:43 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:43 PM
    Quick update - after submitting an appeal and a visit to ASDA the PCN has been cancelled, confirmation letter received from PE. Thanks again for the advice.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Feb 18, 1:49 PM
    • 16,619 Posts
    • 25,965 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:49 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:49 PM
    Well done you.

Was it the initial appeal template with receipts, or Asda's demand for a cancellation that did the trick?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • GOLFNUT
    • By GOLFNUT 10th Feb 18, 5:01 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    GOLFNUT
    • 10th Feb 18, 5:01 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 5:01 PM
    I put the appeal in using your template with copy of bank statement entries and then went to ASDA customer services desk. I soaked up the expected lecture whilst being assertive about my reasons why they should cancel the PCN. The customer service person was able to log onto their system and instruct PE to cancel the PCN. I got them to write 'cancelled' with date, name and signature on the PCN as they said they couldn't print off or email me a confirmation of the cancellation. Two days later had a letter from PE saying the PCN was cancelled and no outstanding payments. Result!

Thanks again for all the help.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Feb 18, 8:14 PM
    • 8,110 Posts
    • 7,386 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Feb 18, 8:14 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 8:14 PM
    PE was specifically named and shamed in the HOC last week. Now, make life more difficult for these scammers, watch this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the strongest terms to your MP. Asda
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,664Posts Today

9,717Users online

Martin's Twitter