Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• marjrie
    • By marjrie 3rd Feb 18, 1:58 PM
    • 156Posts
    • 132Thanks
    Lower rate attendance allowance
    • 3rd Feb 18, 1:58 PM
    Lower rate attendance allowance 3rd Feb 18 at 1:58 PM
    My husband gets attendance allowance at the lower rate, he has received this for about 8 years, he is 84 years old.
    He was awarded this as he needs help in the night, to get in and out of bed several times. He has severe arthritis
    Much of day to day life is a struggle, getting dressed takes an age, I have to help with everything.
    Remind him to have a drink often enough, he could just about make some toast, but not prepare a meal. He can't fasten buttons or tie laces, his fingers are so bad.
    Our son says we should apply for the higher rate Attendance Allowance, my worry is they say no and we loose the lower rate we have now.
    Any advice from here would be very welcome
Page 2
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

111Posts Today

1,602Users online

Martin's Twitter