Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • iammumtoone
    • By iammumtoone 2nd Feb 18, 7:35 PM
    • 5,517Posts
    • 11,276Thanks
    iammumtoone
    amazon not delivering in outer boxes
    • 2nd Feb 18, 7:35 PM
    amazon not delivering in outer boxes 2nd Feb 18 at 7:35 PM
    The last two deliveries I have had from Amazon didn't come in outer amazon boxes, just the original manufacturer box with the address label and Amazon tape stuck to the outside of it.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I am not bothered as the items were for myself so I don't mind if the box gets slightly damaged as long as the contents are ok. However it has put me off buying something for a present. I don't really want to be giving presents where the box is torn as I have had to peel my address label off.
    Sealed pot challenge ~ 11 #017 - Open 1st Nov

Page 2
    • custardy
    • By custardy 13th Feb 18, 2:36 PM
    • 32,992 Posts
    • 27,785 Thanks
    custardy
    This happened to me Christmas 2016...my husband's present, a Roberts Radio delivered in no packaging apart from the Roberts box. Surprise well and truly ruined.
    Originally posted by rhino horn
    IME it will always warn you on the Amazon listing if there is a possibility of then not boxing an item.
    Eg Roberts radio

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roberts-R9993-3-Band-Portable-Radio/dp/B000B5TX66/ref=lp_2793531031_1_1?srs=2793531031&ie=UTF8&qid=1 518532452&sr=8-1

In stock.
    Want it delivered by tomorrow, 14 Feb.? Order within 4 hrs 24 mins and choose Express Delivery at checkout. Details
    Dispatched and sold by Amazon in certified Frustration-Free Packaging. Gift-wrap available.
    Note: This item is eligible for click and collect. Details
    6 new from £19.99 4 used from £18.12
    Three band battery-operated portable radio
    LW/MW/FM wavebands
    Dial tuning system and LED power indicator
    Headphone socket and DC input sockets
    Angled top panel for ease of use
    Report incorrect product information.
    Packaging may reveal contents. Choose Conceal Package at checkout.
    I had an iron come recently from Amazon with just a sticker on the iron box. Everything else has come packaged in an Amazon box (iron was from Amazon, not marketplace)
    Originally posted by marliepanda
    Iron

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-GC8735-80-PerfectCare-Performer/dp/B01H54SBY0/ref=pd_sim_79_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DHNGSC G8T4CJK9ED0MG2

In stock.
    Want it delivered by tomorrow, 14 Feb.? Order within 3 hrs 51 mins and choose Express Delivery at checkout. Details
    Dispatched and sold by Amazon in certified Frustration-Free Packaging. Gift-wrap available.
    8 new from £178.45 3 used from £132.84
    Trade up for steam with silent power for faster, quieter ironing: 6.5 bars steam pressure, 120 g/min continuous steam output and 420 g steam boost targets deep-set creases
    One temperature setting (OptimalTEMP) effective and safe - cotton to silk, no sorting required and no fabric burn ensured, not guaranteed
    1.8 L easy fill detachable water tank and quick 2 minute heat up time
    Light 1.2 kg iron with T-ionicGlide ceramic soleplate, Philips 5 star rated for smooth glide and scratch resistance plus ultra-light, compact steam generating base with safety carry lock
    Peace of mind: Product covered by Philips 2 years warranty and 60 day money back guarantee
    Compare with similar items
    Report incorrect product information.
    Packaging may reveal contents. Choose Conceal Package at checkout.
    Last edited by custardy; 13-02-2018 at 2:40 PM.
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 13th Feb 18, 3:09 PM
    • 7,613 Posts
    • 8,495 Thanks
    pelirocco
    I had an expensive item delivered in just manufacturers box , and four egg cups delivered in a box big enough to live in
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,300Posts Today

7,701Users online

Martin's Twitter