Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CapriV8Power
    • By CapriV8Power 1st Feb 18, 8:35 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 2Thanks
    CapriV8Power
    G24 Ltd advice welcomed
    • 1st Feb 18, 8:35 PM
    G24 Ltd advice welcomed 1st Feb 18 at 8:35 PM
    Hi all, thanks in advance for reading this.

About 6 months ago I 'overstayed my welcome' in a car park operated by G24 Ltd; received a fine in the post and I sent them my mitigating circumstances (twice) on the tinterweb site they offer. There has been no response to date just increased fines etc. And now its been transferred to a Debt Recovery company.

Mitigating circumstances were a problem battery or cable, which weirdly fixed its self so I could leave (I probably wiggled it 100 times hoping for that result - perhaps the final kick on the bumper did it!).

I have spoken to the customer services of Halford's for support but as they did not have my part in stock I actually never purchased anything. Hoping they will help resolve as I am a regular customer but so far no luck there.

I guess my questions are, after reading the advice: is this just the next level of threat?

The Debt Company have a phone number - should I try ringing it?

Should I now just attempt an appeal process or keep with the militant approach of ignoring it. (As you can guess I am slightly more nervous and perhaps just need some encouragement).

Thanks all
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Feb 18, 9:01 PM
    • 54,072 Posts
    • 67,729 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 1st Feb 18, 9:01 PM
    • 1st Feb 18, 9:01 PM
    The Debt Company have a phone number - should I try ringing it?
    No.

Should I now just attempt an appeal process
    No.

or keep with the militant approach of ignoring it.
    ''militant approach'' tells me you have been wasting your time reading the awful MSE article on private parking tickets. Only this week we've pointed out how wrong and 'dangerous to wealth', the MSE article advice is.

We are not militant, but we know what we are doing.

Instead, read the 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' sticky thread, top of this forum, and come back and tell us when it's cancelled by the retail Store manager, and/or by making a very public Facebook and/or Twitter complaint to Halfords, publicly shaming them.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• CapriV8Power
    • By CapriV8Power 2nd Feb 18, 12:40 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    CapriV8Power
    • 2nd Feb 18, 12:40 PM
    • 2nd Feb 18, 12:40 PM
    I have been doing a lot of reading and yes you guessed it the article was the reason for using that word. I hope no offense was caused?

I emailed and called Halfords who are unwilling to help as I did not make a purchase on that occasion. Facebook is the next step....
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 2nd Feb 18, 1:18 PM
    • 2,511 Posts
    • 3,102 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 2nd Feb 18, 1:18 PM
    • 2nd Feb 18, 1:18 PM
    did you speak to the manager at Halfords .... or just the CS desk operator ?

tell him/her that you are going to complain to head office with all the details of spends that you have made in the past, and how you will never darken the door step of a company that treats its customers in such an appalling way

as well as faceace/ tripadvisor

Ralph
    Last edited by Ralph-y; 02-02-2018 at 1:33 PM.
    • CapriV8Power
    • By CapriV8Power 4th Feb 18, 5:35 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    CapriV8Power
    • 4th Feb 18, 5:35 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 5:35 PM
    I spoke to the CS advisor and was given email address of the manager etc. They all wanted to help but after speaking to the manager once it was clear that I did not purchase anything they were not allowed to help....

I am going to pop in and see the shop manager on Monday. No luck so far in leaving posts on their Facebook site. I will try the tripadvisor this evening.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Feb 18, 5:42 PM
    • 5,686 Posts
    • 4,404 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 4th Feb 18, 5:42 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 5:42 PM
    Perhaps you should point out to the manager that you were considering buying that 'several hundred pounds' gizmo, but now that you have found out how expensive it is to park there it makes more sense to buy it off Amazon.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 4th Feb 18, 5:45 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,281 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 4th Feb 18, 5:45 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 5:45 PM
    g24 seem to issue a lot of tickets , suppose a lot of people pay up! , however (at present) or in the last few yrs they avoid court http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/G24.html
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • CapriV8Power
    • By CapriV8Power 7th Feb 18, 9:48 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    CapriV8Power
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:48 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:48 PM
    Entered into a stronger tirade on Halford's website. Their PM to me says that they won't be 'changing their final response'.

I Guess I will have my day in court...
    Last edited by CapriV8Power; 07-02-2018 at 9:49 PM. Reason: extra thoughts
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Feb 18, 9:51 PM
    • 54,072 Posts
    • 67,729 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:51 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:51 PM
    Tell them you and your family will now boycott Halfords, and point them to Friday's Parliamentary debate where it was clear that MPs were not fooled by the scam, like Halfords are.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• waamo
    • By waamo 7th Feb 18, 10:00 PM
    • 2,626 Posts
    • 3,228 Thanks
    waamo
    Entered into a stronger tirade on Halford's website. Their PM to me says that they won't be 'changing their final response'.

I Guess I will have my day in court...
    Originally posted by CapriV8Power
    If it did go to court you would be the first for G24. They seem to avoid it like the plague.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,275Posts Today

7,300Users online

Martin's Twitter