Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hineyb
    • By hineyb 31st Jan 18, 6:16 PM
    • 73Posts
    • 26Thanks
    hineyb
    Indigo/ipaymypcn
    • 31st Jan 18, 6:16 PM
    Indigo/ipaymypcn 31st Jan 18 at 6:16 PM
    Hi Guys,

So i have done a search on this forum regarding this and have seen a few cases like mine with train station PCNs, but none recent since the new bylaws?

so i got the first ticket, ignored/waited for the NTK, got the NTK and sent my appeal around 26 days later from the newbies thread and got a response today...

"Thank you for your appeal against the above Penalty Notice (“PN”). We have carefully considered your appeal
    however on this occasion, the appeal has been rejected for the following reason:
    Please note, there is a number on each machine you can call if there is a faulty issue. Photographic can be
    viewed at www.ipaymypcn.net
    Failing to display a valid ticket or voucher on the vehicle. Therefore, the vehicle was not parked in accordance
    with the terms and conditions displayed on the signage. All signage on site is approved by the BPA.
    We refer your appeal of 28/01/2018, which we are treating as a formal section 10 Notice (“the Notice”) under
    the Data Protection Act (“the Act”).
    Please accept this letter as our formal acknowledgement and response to the Notice.
    You have provided no justification for the Notice. The processing of your data is warranted.
    In any event, section 10(1) of the Act does not apply in circumstances where Schedule 2, paragraphs 1 to 4 of the
    Act are met, accordingly we are permitted to continue to process your data at this stage.
    If this is not clear, we suggest you seek legal advice.
    You have now reached the end of the appeals procedure and therefore you are now required to pay the
    outstanding balance.
    You should pay the total amount due as shown above within the next 7 days from the date of this letter. There
    are various methods of payment available:
    !!!9642; Call us on 01932 918098;
    !!!9642; Pay securely online at www.ipaymypcn.net;
    !!!9642; Pay via bank payment or transfer quoting the above noted reference; or
    !!!9642; Send a payment to the address noted above (please quote the PN Number on all payments)
    By law we are also required to inform you that Ombudsman Services (www.ombudsman-services.org) provides an
    alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, we have not
    chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service.

If payment is not received as detailed above, the outstanding Penalty Notice will be passed to our appointed debt
    collection agency for further action and all costs associated with this process will be added to the amount
    outstanding.
    Yours sincerely
    Customer Services
    PCN Admin Centre

PCN ADMIN CENTRE
    BACCHUS HOUSE 1 STATION ROAD ADDLESTONE SURREY KT15 2AG
    TEL: T+44(0)1932 918098
    EMAIL CUSTOMERSERVICES@IPAYMYPCN.NET
    WEBSITE WWW.IPAYMYPCN.NET
    PCN Admin Centre & www.iPaymyPCN.net are trading names of ZZPS Limited
    Registered Office: 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ
    ZZPS Limited, registered in England & Wales numbered 07846404. VAT No. 133 2637 35
    IPMP APPEAL REJECTION - PENALTY NOTICE V5.DOCX "

Next step suggestions??

Cheers Guys
Page 2
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 6th Feb 18, 3:50 PM
    • 40,938 Posts
    • 81,719 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    When i asked them for a POPLA code this was their reply lol

Good afternoon,

Due to a decision by the BPA, POPLA are no longer able to take appeals for Penalty Notices issued under Railway Byelaw 14.

Therefore, we are unable to issue you a POPLA code.

Kind regards,
    Leo Feather

how long shall i give it till i reply? shall i refer to the original letter they sent offering a POPLA code?
    Originally posted by hineyb
    Give it a week or two, remind them of their offer of a PoPLA code and demand an explanation as to why they are now reneging on that written and binding offer.
    Tell them that access to ADR is your right, and demand they provide access to the same.

Complain to the BPA and your MP each and every time you get a refusal, mention their offer (which has now proved to be a lie) and quote each time my comments above about the BPA, the Gobi desert, and what they plan to do about this rogue member.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • hineyb
    • By hineyb 6th Feb 18, 4:20 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    hineyb
    Thats a good point, Why did ZZPS reply to my appeal and not Indigo? i dont wanna talk to ZZPS!? Lol
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 6th Feb 18, 4:24 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,278 Thanks
    pappa golf
    indigo have washed there hands , if people do not pay up immediatly , they get zzps to do there work on proviso they can add £60 on

and they are now removing themselves from flack as people start referring to ZZPA not them

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5789518
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • hineyb
    • By hineyb 6th Feb 18, 4:33 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    hineyb
    So who should i contact for a POPLA code? them or zzps?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 6th Feb 18, 4:40 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,278 Thanks
    pappa golf
    you wont get one from anyone , read the first link i posted about indigo , and the bpa reply

its a farce indigo should not be accessing the dvla to get info for those sites under the BPA heading
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • hineyb
    • By hineyb 6th Feb 18, 4:57 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    hineyb
    Yea i know i wont get one now, but they did offer, so too get closer to the 6 month period i will keep asking...
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 6th Feb 18, 5:03 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,278 Thanks
    pappa golf
    yup keep asking by first class , monthly intervals , which code have I broke" , "pardon , please send me link " etc etc read this , http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=116357
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Feb 18, 8:52 PM
    • 53,942 Posts
    • 67,629 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Waste anyone's time you fancy, and complain to your MP and the local Trading Standards officer that the BPA have allowed this rogue operator to duck offering any kind of independent appeal, because they didn't like the fact they kept losing.

Draw it out to 6 months and the job is done.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 6th Feb 18, 8:54 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,278 Thanks
    pappa golf
    cm

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5789518
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • kryten3000
    • By kryten3000 8th Feb 18, 12:51 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    kryten3000
    DVLA email is SubjectAccess.Requests@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

(not sure why they've use capital letters as email addresses should be all lower case)

Source:
    https://www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 8th Feb 18, 1:48 PM
    • 1,691 Posts
    • 1,891 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    SMTP doesnt give a toss about case.
    It can be upper or lower as you like, it gets deliered the same. The Capitalisation tehre just makes it easier to read the whole words.
    • jph572
    • By jph572 9th Feb 18, 6:04 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jph572
    Same has happened to me
    Hi

I have exactly the same issue here.

I received a "Notice to Owner" from Indigo PCN Admin centre (basically iPayMyPCN or ZZPS) for an offence allegedly committed on 20/09/2017.
    I received the letter dated 01/02/2018 offering me chance to appeal. Which I did. It was then rejected with the exact same reason as the above (hineyb's post), but with no offer of another appeal to POPLA (no code supplied)).

I have since asked for a code, but no reply as yet.

My case is that they have accused the driver of my vehicle parking in a "Season Ticket Only" space before 0930hrs. Ticket was issued at 0911hrs. Driver actually paid for the ticket via a phone app at 0930hrs whilst on a train.

In my reply requesting a POPLA code, I noted that they failed to write to me within 56 days of the alleged offence, have they got a leg to stand on?

Thanks
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th Feb 18, 6:09 PM
    • 2,620 Posts
    • 3,207 Thanks
    waamo
    Hi

I received a "Notice to Owner" from Indigo PCN Admin centre (basically iPayMyPCN or ZZPS) for an offence allegedly committed on 20/09/2017.
    I received the letter dated 01/02/2018 offering me chance to appeal. Which I did. It was then rejected with the exact same reason as the above (hineyb's post), but with no offer of another appeal to POPLA (no code supplied)).

My case is that they have accused the driver of my vehicle parking in a "Season Ticket Only" space before 0930hrs. Ticket was issued at 0911hrs. Driver actually paid for the ticket via a phone app at 0930hrs whilst on a train.

In my reply requesting a POPLA code, I noted that they failed to write to me within 56 days of the alleged offence, have they got a leg to stand on?

Thanks
    Originally posted by jph572
    You need to start your own thread. This could get confusing answering several queries in one thread.
    This space for hire.
    • jph572
    • By jph572 9th Feb 18, 9:39 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jph572
    I'm happy to keep following this one I think. As I believe they are very similar.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 9th Feb 18, 9:44 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,278 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Hi

Thanks

why , they cannot even attempt to comply with POPLa , as the land is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • jph572
    • By jph572 13th Feb 18, 9:32 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jph572
    Latest reply:

Good morning,

The back of our letters is a template that refers to Parking Charge Notices but does not apply to Penalty Notices issued under Railway Byelaw 14.

If you refer to your appeal rejection letter, it states that payment should be made within 7 days.

The original Penalty Notice was affixed to the vehicle on 20 September 2017, the matter was referred to us on 31 January 2018 and so our first letter was sent out on 01 February 2018.

In the absence of payment, this matter will be referred to our clients' solicitors.

Kind regards,
    Leo Feather

What shall I do?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 13th Feb 18, 9:43 AM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,278 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Latest reply:

Good morning,

The back of our letters is a template that refers to Parking Charge Notices but does not apply to Penalty Notices issued under Railway Byelaw 14.

If you refer to your appeal rejection letter, it states that payment should be made within 7 days.

The original Penalty Notice was affixed to the vehicle on 20 September 2017, the matter was referred to us on 31 January 2018 and so our first letter was sent out on 01 February 2018.

In the absence of payment, this matter will be referred to our clients' solicitors.

Kind regards,
    Leo Feather

What shall I do?
    tell them to bring it on

indigos solisitors?? have they the powers to bring this "invoice" in front of a magistrate?

take your time , 7 days is tooo quick , decline to pay there bribe not to tell the train co your details

which should be interesting if they do
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • financerulez
    • By financerulez 13th Feb 18, 9:44 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    financerulez
    Latest reply:

Good morning,

Kind regards,
    Leo Feather

What shall I do?
    Start a new thread, will respond on there.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Feb 18, 10:11 AM
    • 40,938 Posts
    • 81,719 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Latest reply:

Good morning,

Kind regards,
    Leo Feather

What shall I do?
    Stat your own thread as previously advised.

Asking questions on someone else's thread is confusing, and unfair to the original poster.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • jph572
    • By jph572 13th Feb 18, 11:47 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jph572
    Thanks all. I have started my own thread titled "Indigo Train Station PCN"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,239Posts Today

9,022Users online

Martin's Twitter