Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 31st Jan 18, 4:44 PM
    • 593Posts
    • 317Thanks
    Raxiel
    Markham Retail Park Chesterfield
    • 31st Jan 18, 4:44 PM
    Markham Retail Park Chesterfield 31st Jan 18 at 4:44 PM
    Hi, I have a thread over at the pepipoo, but I wanted to post here as well for more opinions.

The registered keeper received an NTK from Premier Park Ltd, claiming the Driver of their car had become liable for a charge after 'Parking and leaving site'.

The keeper was not the driver or a passenger on the occasion. I am not the driver.
    We are now at the POPLA stage.

This is the first PPC Invoice I've defended, although I've been reading threads like this one on and off for a few years.

I'll split the info over 3 posts to avoid 'wall of text' quotes.

TIA
Page 2
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 12th Feb 18, 1:44 PM
    • 593 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    Raxiel
    POPLA Code expires on Wednesday, so compiling the PDF today and submitting tomorrow, pending any further comments.

Regarding Images, should I stick them inline, enclose with a zip file, or just include links to hosted images?

Is there anything else I should include beyond the text previously posted?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Feb 18, 1:50 PM
    • 5,674 Posts
    • 4,379 Thanks
    KeithP
    Embed images in your PDF PoPLA appeal document.

The idea is to make it easy for the assessor to read your complete submission without the hassle of following links.

Make it easy for PoPLA to side with you.
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 12th Feb 18, 2:05 PM
    • 593 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Thanks, that's what I thought but I wanted to be sure.

In terms of pictures, I have the three operator photos, the site plan with store entrances identified, and the images from CM's 'inadequate signage' template.

I'm not sure what else I should include. My own photos of the signs are clear and close up. I could include one to show the text, but I don't want to do the operator any favours regarding legibility.

I have 'general' shots of the car park, but they were taken since the additional signs went up. The pictures taken at the time have been cropped and I'm having issues recovering the un-cropped versions.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Feb 18, 4:22 PM
    • 54,026 Posts
    • 67,695 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I'm not sure what else I should include. My own photos of the signs are clear and close up. I could include one to show the text, but I don't want to do the operator any favours regarding legibility.
    No, don't supply a close up of the terms. People have lost because of their own evidence!

Definitely embed all (useful) images so it reads like an illustrated storybook, one document to read.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 13th Feb 18, 10:30 AM
    • 593 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Should I use their 'web form' or send a PDF via email?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Feb 18, 12:25 PM
    • 54,026 Posts
    • 67,695 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    What for POPLA first appeal? You can't email an appeal to POPLA. If you do, you will have failed to appeal.

Do as the NEWBIES thread says, uploading your PDF under 'other' with a few words summary in the box.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 13th Feb 18, 12:31 PM
    • 593 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    Raxiel
    What for POPLA first appeal? You can't email an appeal to POPLA. If you do, you will have failed to appeal.

Do as the NEWBIES thread says, uploading your PDF under 'other' with a few words summary in the box.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Thanks, sorry if I'm being dense, but I know I can't go back and change it so I want to be sure.

Should I just hit other and submit it there or should I tick all the 'boxes' that apply (i was not parked incorrectly etc) but leave them blank and then attach the pdf to the other box?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Feb 18, 12:33 PM
    • 54,026 Posts
    • 67,695 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hit OTHER - it takes you through...then upload your PDF...

No hitting the 'I WASN'T PARKED' rubbish choices!

• Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 13th Feb 18, 12:41 PM
    • 593 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Hit OTHER - it takes you through...then upload your PDF...

No hitting the 'I WASN'T PARKED' rubbish choices!
    Yeah, I didn't like the wording of those boxes, implies the person submitting was the driver.

Well, for better or for worse, it's been submitted. Now to see what nonsense (if any) PPL come back with.

Thanks for your advice so far.
    • fivegoldstars
    • By fivegoldstars 14th Feb 18, 10:07 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    fivegoldstars
    I've had my decision from POPLA - PP decided not to contest the appeal
    Best of luck with yours too.
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 15th Feb 18, 10:35 AM
    • 5,427 Posts
    • 5,513 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    I've had my decision from POPLA - PP decided not to contest the appeal
    Best of luck with yours too.
    Originally posted by fivegoldstars
    Obviously this is a good result for you, and gives hope to the many others who have been snared by this car park, but it's a shame that anybody has to go to so much time and effort to compile an appeal, only for the PPC to drop it at the last minute.

If it was a court case, I'm sure you could get awarded costs on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour, but no such luck at POPLA level.

I'm in a different position to virtually everyone else on here, but this is why I no longer appeal at POPLA or IAS - I simply put in a strong reason why we are not liable if our representation is rejected, then taunt them to shut up or put up - cancel it or take my company to court. I don't trust the POPLA or IAS process, and given the volume I deal with, I'm not inclined to jump through all of their hoops to deal with it how would they expect me to.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
    • fivegoldstars
    • By fivegoldstars 15th Feb 18, 12:18 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    fivegoldstars
    Agreed. In total, I bet I've racked up 10 hours over initial appeal, researching, collecting evidence, preparing POPLA appeal etc - in purely monetary terms, it would have been more cost effective to just pay. I guess that's all part of the scam.
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 15th Feb 18, 1:00 PM
    • 5,427 Posts
    • 5,513 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    Agreed. In total, I bet I've racked up 10 hours over initial appeal, researching, collecting evidence, preparing POPLA appeal etc - in purely monetary terms, it would have been more cost effective to just pay. I guess that's all part of the scam.
    Originally posted by fivegoldstars
    I don't disagree - I often speak to people who consider their time more important than the £100 charge, especially if it takes a couple of hours work to resolve.

Granted, it's part of my paid job to deal with these and I have a library of templates to call on, but I certainly can see why somebody who earns £3-400 a day self employed considers their time is better spent earning than appealing.

But it's akin to throwing a chip to a seagull - it only encourages them to pester other people for more chips.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Feb 18, 1:21 PM
    • 16,661 Posts
    • 26,051 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    But it's akin to throwing a chip to a seagull
    I think seagulls are regarded as vermin.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 15th Feb 18, 2:56 PM
    • 5,427 Posts
    • 5,513 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    I think seagulls are ALSO regarded as vermin.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Fixed that for you....
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Feb 18, 3:11 PM
    • 54,026 Posts
    • 67,695 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I think seagulls are regarded as vermin.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Depends on the Seagulls!

• bluetoffee1878
    • By bluetoffee1878 15th Feb 18, 3:27 PM
    • 266 Posts
    • 471 Thanks
    bluetoffee1878
    Depends on the Seagulls!
    Depends who the seagulls are playing
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,464Posts Today

8,529Users online

Martin's Twitter