Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sunflowers123
    • By sunflowers123 31st Jan 18, 1:48 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 1Thanks
    sunflowers123
    London & Country (L & C)
    • 31st Jan 18, 1:48 PM
    London & Country (L & C) 31st Jan 18 at 1:48 PM
    Hi

Can anybody share their experiences with getting a mortgage from these guys please?

Many thanks.
Page 1
    • Mortgage_Adviser
    • By Mortgage_Adviser 31st Jan 18, 2:25 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Mortgage_Adviser
    • 31st Jan 18, 2:25 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 2:25 PM
    Although I may be seemed biaised as I am a broker myself now before I became a brokeer I have arranged a mortgage through them myself.

I was genenrally happy with an adviser and the advise given but not so much with an admin peson who was really bad in responding to my queries.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 31st Jan 18, 3:19 PM
    • 91,051 Posts
    • 58,066 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 31st Jan 18, 3:19 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 3:19 PM

Can anybody share their experiences with getting a mortgage from these guys please?
    Only going by forum posts over the years. If your case is simple and you dont need hand holding then their factory line service works perfectly fine. If your case is complicated or need hand holding or the case hits snags, then you tend to see posts criticising how they deal with them. That goes for most factory line style methods of distribution.

They are doing nothing that your local brokers cannot do. Have you considered supporting your local economy?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Filo25
    • By Filo25 31st Jan 18, 4:19 PM
    • 1,301 Posts
    • 1,931 Thanks
    Filo25
    • 31st Jan 18, 4:19 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 4:19 PM
    They were fine with me, I certainly couldn't find a better deal meeting my criteria myself, but it was a relatively simple FTB mortgage.

If that matches your needs then I would say its a good way of saving a mortgage arrangement fee with another broker, if you have a more complex case then personally I wouldn't risk it from what others have said
    Last edited by Filo25; 31-01-2018 at 4:32 PM.
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 31st Jan 18, 4:52 PM
    • 10,281 Posts
    • 4,051 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 31st Jan 18, 4:52 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 4:52 PM
    I am a broker myself now
    Originally posted by Mortgage_Adviser
    If this is the case, it should say so in your signature, as per the Forum rules.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • LandCmortgages
    • 12th Feb 18, 4:50 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 4:50 PM
    Hello Sunflowers123, we're glad to see that you're researching us for yourself on this forum. Is there anything in particular that you'd like to know? Thanks L&C
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of L&C Mortgages . MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

998Posts Today

7,662Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @brendyeire: @MartinSLewis A good bit more. Would have eaten more ten years ago, but was a student then. Now working FT and can afford m?

• RT @twikki: @MartinSLewis Quit meat in January and saved about £50-100 a month on my shopping and eating out. Feel a lot healthier about my?

• Today's twitter poll: How much meat & poultry do you eat now compared to ten years ago?

• Follow Martin