Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • themanhere
    • By themanhere 29th Jan 18, 3:38 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 4Thanks
    themanhere
    Britannia PCN Is it to late?
    • 29th Jan 18, 3:38 PM
    Britannia PCN Is it to late? 29th Jan 18 at 3:38 PM
    Good afternoon all,

The Keeper received a PCN-NTK from Britannia on 21st Dec 2017 which was for the alleged contravention: Failed to make a valid payment on 14th Dec 2017 Entry @ 18:35hrs, Exit @ 19:34hrs. (So very dark being the middle of December) On the back of the letter there are 4 pictures taken by an ANPR camera the 1st is the front of the van showing bonnet downwards with headlights on and number plate blurry. The 2nd is just the number plate with the correct Reg. The 3rd is the rear of the van, all you can see is the tail lights and a blurred number plate. The 4th is the rear number plate, with correct Reg.

The keeper completely ignored this letter and then received another letter dated 8th Jan 2018 This was a PCN-Final Reminder. Stating that if ignored it will be passed to a debt recovery agent which may escalate to court proceedings to recover the amount owed. The overdue PCN will increase to £160.00 in the first instance of further action.
    Again the keeper completely ignored this letter. Today the keeper received a letter dated 26th Jan 2018 from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd which has an error in the address only slight but an error non the less.
    So far the keeper has done nothing with this and started to do some research.

The keeper has read that it should have made an appeal to Britannia, but it has been longer than the 28days which they stated in their 1st letter dated 21st Dec 2017.
    Is it too late to do this now? or does the keeper just keep ignoring them??

The keeper beleives they read from another post earlier that they should treat the letter from the DRP as 1st instance and go through the appeals.

It was a driver who was driving the van at the time and yes the driver parked in the car park of the pub and even went and had a drink while waiting to collect a family member from the building next door. The driver used to drink in the pub all the time a few years ago but never been there since this so called parking charge applies. The driver honestly did not see any signs and never even gave it a thought.

Some help required please.
    Last edited by themanhere; 29-01-2018 at 4:54 PM.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 29th Jan 18, 4:13 PM
    • 17,319 Posts
    • 21,705 Thanks
    Redx
    • 29th Jan 18, 4:13 PM
    • 29th Jan 18, 4:13 PM
    edit your post and remove any hint of who was driving

ie: THE DRIVER was driving on the day

THE KEEPER has received the postal letters since that day

use the template appeal to appeal it anyway (from the NEWBIES sticky thread)

in theory its too late , yes, but do it anyway, as KEEPER

ignore DRP
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • themanhere
    • By themanhere 29th Jan 18, 4:56 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    themanhere
    • 29th Jan 18, 4:56 PM
    • 29th Jan 18, 4:56 PM
    Edited and thanks Redx.

I will give it a go.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 29th Jan 18, 5:09 PM
    • 17,319 Posts
    • 21,705 Thanks
    Redx
    • 29th Jan 18, 5:09 PM
    • 29th Jan 18, 5:09 PM
    good , in future the KEEPER should appeal the initial postal notice promptly , it is 6.5 YEARS since we told people to IGNORE parking charge notices

it is likely that the laws will change later this year (see yesterdays papers) so it will be important to consign this IGNORE myth to the nearest bin once there exists a law and rules on the topic issued by parliament and the secretary of state

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/car-finance/2018/01/new-code-of-practice-for-parking-firms---but-some-will-still-be-able-to-dodge-the-rules-?_ga=2.251657350.1836903738.1514831228-1978678623.1397491114
    Last edited by Redx; 29-01-2018 at 5:11 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • themanhere
    • By themanhere 29th Jan 18, 5:26 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    themanhere
    • 29th Jan 18, 5:26 PM
    • 29th Jan 18, 5:26 PM
    Just tried to appeal, but only gives me the option to email, so this has just been done. I used the blue template, so lets see what happens.
    • themanhere
    • By themanhere 1st Feb 18, 5:08 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    themanhere
    • 1st Feb 18, 5:08 PM
    • 1st Feb 18, 5:08 PM
    Ok received an email back from Brittania today saying the following:

Dear My Name,

Under BPA guidelines (Section 22.7 - Complaints, Challenges and Appeals) and as noted on the PCN sent out to you, !!!8220;All appeals must be received with 28 days from the date of our initial correspondence!!!8221;. As this time has surpassed we are rejecting your appeal application.
    The final reminder we sent to you on 08/01/18 and advises, !!!8220;If this notice is ignored, further action may be taken including instruction of debt collection agencies, solicitors and or court proceedings, all of which will incur further costs. To avoid further unnecessary costs or actions please pay the Parking Charge within the aforementioned time period.!!!8221;
    Britannia Parking laid clear the terms and details of our appeals process and payment to resolve this Parking Charge Notice.

As this PCN has been passed to Debt Recovery, Britannia Parking have no further comments to add regarding this PCN.

Please refer all correspondence to Debt Recovery Plus Ltd.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Administrator

Anyone got any ideas where i go from now please??
    • waamo
    • By waamo 1st Feb 18, 5:17 PM
    • 2,612 Posts
    • 3,207 Thanks
    waamo
    • 1st Feb 18, 5:17 PM
    • 1st Feb 18, 5:17 PM
    Read this. Post 4 covers the debt collectors stage.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
    This space for hire.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 1st Feb 18, 5:18 PM
    • 17,319 Posts
    • 21,705 Thanks
    Redx
    • 1st Feb 18, 5:18 PM
    • 1st Feb 18, 5:18 PM
    yes , IGNORE (post #4 of the NEWBIES sticky thread)

that response was what we expected

come back if you get an LBC or an MCOL within 6 years
    Newbies !!
    • freester
    • By freester 1st Feb 18, 5:28 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    freester
    • 1st Feb 18, 5:28 PM
    • 1st Feb 18, 5:28 PM
    The above is good advice.

Personally with Britannia I'd be tempted to send a final cease and desist letter to ward them off as they are easily beaten at POPLA and even at initial appeal.

The letter would be along the lines of...

Dear Britannia,

Thank you for your rejection email dated dd/mm/yy.

Since missing your 'appeal' deadline I have familiarised myself with the BPA CoP and also with POFA 2012.

Your signs did not meet the Code of Practice and your NtK does not transfer keeper liability.

In the event of you issuing a claim via the Small Claims Court I would robustly and vigorously defend this claim.

Therefore desist from sending meaningless Dept Collection Letters and either drop this claim, or issue an LBC.

^^^ Suggest you do a bit of research on this forum around the Code of Practice and POFA 2012 then you'll need to pad out the above but along these lines...

Also go back to the pub and see if they will call the hounds off...?
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 1st Feb 18, 6:04 PM
    • 2,368 Posts
    • 1,244 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    meaningless Dept Collection Letters
    I think you meant to type Debt Collection Letters
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Feb 18, 6:34 PM
    • 53,942 Posts
    • 67,624 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Britannia & 'debt collector' letters are easy to ignore; I've done so myself, before POPLA existed.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• themanhere
    • By themanhere 5th Feb 18, 2:18 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    themanhere
    Thank you guys for all of your help so far.

You guys are awesome!

Robust letter has now been sent to Debt Recovery Plus and to Britannia.

Now the waiting game again.

I will keep you all informed.
    • themanhere
    • By themanhere 7th Feb 18, 7:21 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    themanhere
    Britannia have replied with the following.

Dear .Company Name.

Thank you for your email request.

Please be aware that as stated in our previous e-mail this Parking Charge Notice has been directed to Debt Recovery as 28 days timeframe to submit an appeal has surpassed.

Therefore Britannia Parking has no further comments to add.

Please refer all correspondence to Debt Recovery Plus.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Administrator

Still nothing from DRP as yet.

Will update when i hear something.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,941Posts Today

8,880Users online

Martin's Twitter