Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lidl 1
    • By lidl 1 29th Jan 18, 3:25 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    lidl 1
    HL or AJBell for a SIPP
    • 29th Jan 18, 3:25 PM
    HL or AJBell for a SIPP 29th Jan 18 at 3:25 PM
    does anyone have any experience/opinions on which is better for a SIPP...self managed and investing in shares ad ITs...no funds but will hold cash as and when
Page 2
    • redux
    • By redux 7th Feb 18, 3:01 PM
    • 18,026 Posts
    • 23,208 Thanks
    redux
    I now have a response from AJ Bell. I asked about the offer to refund transfer charges. Although it says it is for transfer over £20,000, if 2 schemes are transferred in and one is smaller than that, would that one still qualify for the offer, Answer yes, if in accordance with T&C.

About the range available at Fidelity, and prompted by a post on the Savings & Investments board here, I found

From Q1 we are introducing the option to purchase shares as part of our new share dealing service. This will be introduced in stages starting with the FTSE 100 and FTSE 250. FTSE All Share, bonds and international equities will be added in Q2.

https://www.fidelity.co.uk/ongoing-enhancements

I phoned and asked if it was possible to throw a bit more light on when in Q2. Possibly May.

So my dilemma is whether to transfer and have have some uninvested cash for a while, wait before starting the transfer (but this would an annual charge), etc,

Oh, I forgot to say, the dealing charges in the Fidelity SIPP are still currently 0.1% but will change later in the year to like their ISA and ordinary share schemes.
    Last edited by redux; 07-02-2018 at 3:06 PM.
    • DrHyde
    • By DrHyde 7th Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    DrHyde
    Vanguard Investor
    Hugely excited at the prospect of Vanguard Investor offering a SIPP later this year. Consider waiting for them for their ISA range is amazing.

(They've confirmed this to me in writing - an existing ISA customer.)
    • DairyQueen
    • By DairyQueen 7th Feb 18, 5:40 PM
    • 170 Posts
    • 286 Thanks
    DairyQueen
    Hugely excited at the prospect of Vanguard Investor offering a SIPP later this year.)
    Originally posted by DrHyde
    I have my core holdings invested in VLS. The potential offered by a Vanguard SIPP will be very good news for those with all their eggs in the Vanguard basket as the charges are likely to be negligible. They are a good company (no beef about that) but anyone who wishes to invest in anything other than their funds may be instantly deterred unless they offer an open-market platform.

Currently I pay zero charges for dealing funds plus a 0.25% platform charge, plus Vanguard's excellent 0.22% tracker charge....

but ...

... that platform charge allows me access to the majority of mainstream ITs, shares and funds. The thought of having to transfer cash to a different platform simply to rebalance my portfolio isn't too attractive.

Sorry, don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm but a Vanguard SIPP may not be suitable for every Vanguard investor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

500Posts Today

5,803Users online

Martin's Twitter