Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • douknowdawae
    • By douknowdawae 27th Jan 18, 9:57 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 2Thanks
    douknowdawae
    Energy bill help?
    • 27th Jan 18, 9:57 PM
    Energy bill help? 27th Jan 18 at 9:57 PM
    I live in a 2 bed flat and the final bill of edf says that the usage of energy is at 616 kWh for 26 days totalling up to £114. A little bit stumped here as 10 of those days which the bill period (9th - 4th) was done I wasn't in the property. The only thing that was left running was electric central heating which needs to be left on when the property is empty more than a week. It was set to 21 degrees C to go on 3 times a day. All appliances were switched off and unplugged at the plug, no lights were left on. Does 615kWh for that amount of time seem really steep considering I wasn't even there for 10 of those days, essentially meaning for 16 days 616kWh was used. Surely this isn't right? I couldn't check my meter either as I was away so wasn't able to give meter readings but my new electricity provider has only charged me £23.07 for this month and that's with the heating still on the same setting? Also correct me if I'm wrong the 615kWh figure but my meter was 9904 when I moved in and 10520 for the bill period. Are meters already in kwh? First time renter so completely useless Either way, if I calculated it wrong the huge bill is still incorrect I know for a fact. Can I still read my meter now as it's totally past the date?
    Last edited by douknowdawae; 27-01-2018 at 9:59 PM.
Page 2
    • boliston
    • By boliston 10th Feb 18, 10:22 PM
    • 2,556 Posts
    • 2,121 Thanks
    boliston
    i'm trying to figure out how 616 units can possibly cost £114

lets assume about £10 of this is standing charges, then this leaves £104 meaning each unit is almost 17p!!
    • douknowdawae
    • By douknowdawae 11th Feb 18, 9:34 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    douknowdawae
    that's what we've been doing, we take daily readings to see what our usage is and we know that is isn't above normal. On a normal day we use between 8-13 units, sometimes the heating is on then too so it's a bit confusing as to how the heating can make it go up so much even with one heater on. Regardless we've just decided to use portable heaters as frankly cba with these heaters. One should be able to heat their home up for an hour or so without it costing tons. Thanks for all your help.
    • douknowdawae
    • By douknowdawae 11th Feb 18, 9:35 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    douknowdawae
    boliston - is that good or bad
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

341Posts Today

4,842Users online

Martin's Twitter