Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lara
    • By Lara 27th Jan 18, 9:53 AM
    • 2,810Posts
    • 1,837Thanks
    Lara
    Buy a new dog bed. Recommendations?
    • 27th Jan 18, 9:53 AM
    Buy a new dog bed. Recommendations? 27th Jan 18 at 9:53 AM
    Wanting to purchase a new bolster style bed for our Cavalier. So far come up with Orivs.co.uk but incredibly expensive and some reviews not too brilliant. Have also looked at PetPlanet.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated please. Many thanks.
Page 1
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 27th Jan 18, 1:05 PM
    • 2,661 Posts
    • 2,764 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 27th Jan 18, 1:05 PM
    • 27th Jan 18, 1:05 PM
    Pages and pages on Amazon.
    • Lara
    • By Lara 27th Jan 18, 5:40 PM
    • 2,810 Posts
    • 1,837 Thanks
    Lara
    • 27th Jan 18, 5:40 PM
    • 27th Jan 18, 5:40 PM
    Pages and pages on Amazon.
    Originally posted by LadyDee
    Yes I had lookedbut not what I was looking for ie A bolster bed.
    Many thanks anyway.
    • littleredhen
    • By littleredhen 27th Jan 18, 5:42 PM
    • 3,074 Posts
    • 3,316 Thanks
    littleredhen
    • 27th Jan 18, 5:42 PM
    • 27th Jan 18, 5:42 PM
    I think you get what you pay for
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.

A winner listens, a loser just waits until it is their turn to talk
    • Nile
    • By Nile 27th Jan 18, 9:41 PM
    • 14,257 Posts
    • 14,221 Thanks
    Nile
    • 27th Jan 18, 9:41 PM
    • 27th Jan 18, 9:41 PM
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘I wanna’ board to the ‘Pets & Pet Care’ board, where it is better suited.

Regards

Nile
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
    • mac.d
    • By mac.d 28th Jan 18, 11:10 AM
    • 592 Posts
    • 461 Thanks
    mac.d
    • 28th Jan 18, 11:10 AM
    • 28th Jan 18, 11:10 AM
    I've previously recommended Kumfipet beds but sadly they've closed up in the past year. Try Bunty pet products (https://www.buntypetproducts.co.uk/dog-beds.html) and see if they've got the kind you are looking for. I've only bought the delux soft bed from there but am very happy with it for the cheap price.

My dog is getting on in years now so I recently splashed out on something more expensive for him as he was struggling to get up out of his old bed, and due to the almost perfect reviews, went for the PetFusion memory foam bed on Amazon: (link is to small bed) https://www.amazon.co.uk/PetFusion-WATERPROOF-112x86x25cm-orthopedic-Replacement/dp/B017J9KKJ0/
    • Lara
    • By Lara 28th Jan 18, 11:42 AM
    • 2,810 Posts
    • 1,837 Thanks
    Lara
    • 28th Jan 18, 11:42 AM
    • 28th Jan 18, 11:42 AM
    Thanks mac.d. I hadn!!!8217;t seen those Amazon ones but it is definitely the shape I was looking for. One question - I don!!!8217;t need a waterproof one but wondered if it does rustle? Many thanks.
    • mac.d
    • By mac.d 28th Jan 18, 12:09 PM
    • 592 Posts
    • 461 Thanks
    mac.d
    • 28th Jan 18, 12:09 PM
    • 28th Jan 18, 12:09 PM
    It doesn't rustle, I'd say its more water repellant than water proof so the material is softer than the plasticky waterproof of some beds. I use a fleece blanket so its the blanket that gets wet as its easier to wash regularly. You can use a wet cloth to give the bed a wipe down though, and the entire cover can come off to wash too. It is very expensive (though not as bad as those Orvis beds!), but I think I can see why it gets such good ratings.
    • katglasgow
    • By katglasgow 29th Jan 18, 8:45 AM
    • 377 Posts
    • 291 Thanks
    katglasgow
    • 29th Jan 18, 8:45 AM
    • 29th Jan 18, 8:45 AM
    My dog has been getting a bit of arthritis and we bought him a wolfy bed for Christmas which he loves it's very comfortable and the whole cover comes off for washing. We got a good deal by picking a colour that is being phased out.
    Me debt free thanks to MSE
    • Rev
    • By Rev 29th Jan 18, 9:31 PM
    • 2,981 Posts
    • 2,716 Thanks
    Rev
    I always loved the look of zippy dog beds

Zooplus do one like the amazon one linked above but my dogs had shredded the cover in two months and they don’t do replacements so waste of £70.

I am debating between a zippy and a tierlando (search amazon) but I have two staffy dogs so in the interim I’ve got a cheapo xxl one from amazon and a memory foam slab under it (from the zooplus one)
    Sigless
    • Freddie Allen
    • By Freddie Allen 30th Jan 18, 7:54 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Freddie Allen
    try chewy.com
    I used this site to buy a dog bed. They have some beautiful collections of dog beds and many other pet accessories.
    HNY
    • herbily
    • By herbily 5th Feb 18, 7:01 PM
    • 206 Posts
    • 1,785 Thanks
    herbily
    Over the Top do the equivalent of Orvis but at half the price:
    http://www.overthetop.co.uk/
    One day at a time...
    • thedogsmum
    • By thedogsmum 15th Feb 18, 4:41 PM
    • 324 Posts
    • 554 Thanks
    thedogsmum
    Bought by many!
    Found Bought by Many. , in my facebook newsfeed. Have asked for a quote and it would seem to be very good value compared to others offering similar pet insurance. Has anyone experience of this company, please, or know where I can see sone reviews?
    Thank you for help.
    • Jaymie kate
    • By Jaymie kate 17th Feb 18, 4:36 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Jaymie kate
    Ebay and Amazon are your friends. They got lots to choose from including reviews from buyers so you know which is of good quality or not
    • Lara
    • By Lara 17th Feb 18, 7:12 PM
    • 2,810 Posts
    • 1,837 Thanks
    Lara
    Many thanks Jaymie but I've looked right the way through both and haven't seen what I was looking for. I've now seen the Orvis beds and can understand their costs however the size wanted is oos until June. Not sure if that is good or not! lol
    • jostenning
    • By jostenning 19th Feb 18, 12:18 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jostenning
    Our dog has two beds, one from Tuffies (quite expensive but not as expensive as Orvis) and the bed has outlasted all others he has had so it has definitely paid for itself. He also has a Silentnight memory foam bed which is excellent. Not sure if any of these do bolster beds but maybe worth a look.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,021Posts Today

9,012Users online

Martin's Twitter