Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Unknowingly
    • By Unknowingly 25th Jan 18, 8:12 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Unknowingly
    Local compliance interview dla
    • 25th Jan 18, 8:12 PM
    Local compliance interview dla 25th Jan 18 at 8:12 PM
    Hi I wonder if anybody can help me. Im a foster carer for the local authority but I am in receipt of dla, and my wife receives income support so we called the dla and income support when me and my wife started fostering and they said if your circumstances and income haven't changed as it's local authority fostering with nil profit we don't need to do anything but then today I received a letter for a local compliance telephone interview, and when I spoke to the compliance officer he said it's for dla benefit fraud, somebody has reported you, but then I read online as it's a telephone interview it's probably because they've noticed income coming into your bank account and you've not notified them although they told us we didn't need to?? Very panicked and on edge now!! Has anybody got experience of a local compliance interview and what it's actually about as we're now worried about me losing my motability car!!
Page 2
    • GlasweJen
    • By GlasweJen 8th Feb 18, 11:19 PM
    • 6,401 Posts
    • 11,539 Thanks
    GlasweJen
    I wouldn't worry, my ex once reported me for working while on DLA. The DWP sent a letter and I called to ask why I was being asked to go for an interview, the woman on the phone said it was to do with not declaring that I worked when on DLA, I laughed and said "I did declare it and the DWP pay for my taxis to and from work through the access to work scheme, anyway I can't make next Thursday because I'm working but I'm happy to meet with you to sort this out". I got told not to worry about it and I've never heard from them since, that was about 10 years ago.
    Last edited by GlasweJen; 10-02-2018 at 9:09 AM.
    Bounts, Quidco, Shop and Scan, Receipt Hog, Costco Cashback, Debit card cashback

NOT BUYING IT
    (unless it's on offer and can get my loyalty points)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

163Posts Today

1,769Users online

Martin's Twitter