Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Jan 18, 2:07 AM
    • 53,902Posts
    • 67,581Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    NB: NEWBIES thread has just one appeal now - what else needs changing please?
    • 24th Jan 18, 2:07 AM
    NB: NEWBIES thread has just one appeal now - what else needs changing please? 24th Jan 18 at 2:07 AM
    Just before I go to bed, I've changed the NEWBIES thread about how to beat private parking tickets. Quite sweeping edits, hope it helps, not hinders.

Hoping to make the first post clearer, I've created a single appeal in blue writing. IT IS FOR BPA AND IPC PPCs.

Also some Q & A have been added at the start, as it's meant to be a FAQS thread.

Comments?

What have I missed?

What else needs a good overhaul?

What was the thing I promised to add to the NEWBIES thread last month, then forgot? Anyone?!

Please use this thread at any time to add suggestions and I will check it regularly even later on in the year.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Page 3
    • logician
    • By logician 4th Feb 18, 2:00 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    logician
    WH have not changed their name.

https://www.wrighthassall.co.uk/

QDR seem primarily to be debt collectors. I cannot find mention of WH on their website.

Perhaps WH have realised that their association with the private parking industry was damaging their core business.
    Originally posted by The Deep

QDR are a wholly owned subsidiary of Wright Hassall and share the same registered offices.

ZZPS seem to be using QDR now instead of WH and Mr Hawker has signed off on these at least once or twice
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Feb 18, 5:58 PM
    • 53,902 Posts
    • 67,581 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    We know all that already.

Any worthwhile comments from anyone else, on-topic?
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 4th Feb 18, 6:18 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,278 Thanks
    pappa golf

Originally posted by Coupon-mad

parking eye are scum

copyright: ME
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Feb 18, 6:20 PM
    • 53,902 Posts
    • 67,581 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The Supreme Court made an horrendous error.

Copyright - me!

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 4th Feb 18, 6:36 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,278 Thanks
    pappa golf
    is up scumming allowed , or is that just Patrick Troy

my up scumming for a Sunday tea time is

the IPC and the connection to "one stop" gladstones solicitors rates as a 99% win
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • logician
    • By logician 4th Feb 18, 7:25 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    logician

Also WH seem to be a lot quieter recently, perhaps they do not want to be limp with the bad boys when the shadhhosh hits the punkah.
    WH have changed there name to QDR (?) or whatever to disassosiate themselves from this buisness
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    WH have not changed their name.

https://www.wrighthassall.co.uk/

QDR seem primarily to be debt collectors. I cannot find mention of WH on their website.

Perhaps WH have realised that their association with the private parking industry was damaging their core business.

Does anyone have any info on Miah. I suspect that the SRA have had a quiet word with them. After all, sanctioning them might upset the com-mun-it-ee.
    if your solicitor was involved in a scam that affected you , your family and friends , would you continue to use them

many people have been affected by WH , and have taken there business elsewhere now
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    QDR are a wholly owned subsidiary of Wright Hassall and share the same registered offices.

ZZPS seem to be using QDR now instead of WH and Mr Hawker has signed off on these at least once or twice
    Originally posted by logician
    Well there seemed to be some confusion so needed clarifying

Pappa Golf suggested that WH had changed their name to QDR - the Deep correctly stated that there was no indication WH had changed their name.

Yes do an actual first appeal which is professional sounding and compehensible.

The one size fits all first appeal is not fit for purpose and contradictory, actively requesting that the PPC continues to further process data by providing documents answers with a rejection or POPLA code etc. Moreover, if a windscreen ticket, and BPA member then the motorist has actively provided data to the PPC with the appeal providing name and address

Not to mention the unprofessional end of this ..

[B] WELCOME! [
    If you are a current BPA member, send me a POPLA code. If you are an IPC firm, cease and desist with all contact.

Yours faithfully,

!
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 4th Feb 18, 7:28 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,278 Thanks
    pappa golf
    QWR is a trading name of wright hastle

to quote there website

QDR Solicitors Limited is a Limited Company !!!8211; Registered in England & Wales No. 07561541.
    Registered office: Olympus House, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, United Kingdom, CV34 6BF.

A list of Directors is available for inspection at the Registered Office.

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to carry out debt collection and debt administration activities in respect of agreements regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (amended 2006)

Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority under practice number 560560

A wholly owned subsidiary of Wright Hassall LLP

A list of Directors is available for inspection at the Registered Office.
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Feb 18, 7:29 PM
    • 53,902 Posts
    • 67,581 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Not to mention the unprofessional end of this ..
    Unprofessional end? It's not meant to read as 'professional'. We all know what template appeals and defences from self-proclaimed 'professionals' look like (seen one or two on pepipoo - one particular defence was woeful, absolutely shocking). This forum does not recommend them.

The appeal is one-size fits all and is designed to come from a victim consumer.

You know, the sort of ordinary sucker people that some BPA members sue for any old excuse, and who take money from, in exchange for no service at all, as exposed in TrustPilot reviews.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 04-02-2018 at 7:47 PM.

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Feb 18, 11:17 PM
    • 53,902 Posts
    • 67,581 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    : NEWBIES thread has just one appeal now - what else needs changing please?

The first appeal :-)

The first appeals have evolved beyond all recognition to workable appeals which were cancelled by parking companies first time.

One size fits all and not fit for purpose contradictory with requesting further data processing and yet trying to put forward a Section 10 cease and desist all in one go.

See further comments on this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5787583
    As I said, I gave all comments the consideration they individually deserved.

Your post was read.

So was this one, read and the criticism noted and given the attention it was worthy of:
    the template appeal has recently been amended and is now IMHO is now a hatchet job trying to combine a one size fits all scenario which makes no logical sense,
    Ahem.

The new template seems to be working perfectly well, just as it did before:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5781338

And it's not my imagination, we have definitely had less new threads every day recently, since the Q&A section was added. Makes logical sense to me.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 10-02-2018 at 11:21 PM.

• logician
    • By logician 11th Feb 18, 12:31 AM
    • 194 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    logician
    As I said, I gave all comments the consideration they individually deserved.

Your post was read.

So was this one, read and the criticism noted and given the attention it was worthy of:

Ahem.

The new template seems to be working perfectly well, just as it did before:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5781338

And it's not my imagination, we have definitely had less new threads every day recently, since the Q&A section was added. Makes logical sense to me.

Ahem ,

The OP in that thread came to the forum and sought assistance on 23.1.18 the day before you changed the first appeal .

# 1 cheltenham ross 23-01-2018, 4:43 PM

As the opening post of this thread confirms the date and time you changed this 'just before going to bed..

Coupon-mad 24-01-2018, 2:07 AM
    Last edited by logician; 11-02-2018 at 12:36 AM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Feb 18, 12:50 AM
    • 53,902 Posts
    • 67,581 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Would that customers of BPA members got such close attention as my posts get, from you.

I'll post here each time someone says the template works. Perhaps some could learn from it.

• bestpud
    • By bestpud 11th Feb 18, 11:47 AM
    • 10,491 Posts
    • 21,313 Thanks
    bestpud
    I can only speak for myself but I've used the newbies thread and search option to come up with appeals by myself a good few times over the years and haven't lost yet - it's my first port of call and the one I always direct others to.
    • logician
    • By logician 11th Feb 18, 12:31 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    logician
    I can only speak for myself but I've used the newbies thread and search option to come up with appeals by myself a good few times over the years and haven't lost yet - it's my first port of call and the one I always direct others to.
    Originally posted by bestpud
    Over the years is fine, the first appeal used to be fairly effective, however this was changed towards the end of last month, trying a one size fits all for both BPA and IPC members.

If you read the new first appeal it now has changed out of all recognition to that used when the Newbie thread was first created.

The wording regarding DPA and processing needs amending significantly as it stands the appeal provides for further data processing and is contradictory.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Feb 18, 4:20 PM
    • 53,902 Posts
    • 67,581 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No changes needed. Often those who post in a stirring way, need to put their own house in order.

Any baseless criticism and goading (whoever posts it) is given the attention it deserves. ''Hatchet job'' were your words, and not a single poster has agreed.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 11-02-2018 at 4:24 PM.

• KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Feb 18, 6:37 PM
    • 5,609 Posts
    • 4,283 Thanks
    KeithP
    Could "NTH = Notice To Hirer" be added to post #5 please.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Feb 18, 6:42 PM
    • 53,902 Posts
    • 67,581 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    A useful suggestion, thanks KeithP.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,969Posts Today

9,843Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've been asked a few times if I'd been approached about chairing or being on the independent panel on post 18/stud? https://t.co/LpWASObp9k

• Just finished on @bbc5live talking student finance. So complex talking all the iterations

• On @bbc5live now half way through explaining how student finance reallyw orks

• Follow Martin