Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • StoppedForSeconds
    • By StoppedForSeconds 22nd Jan 18, 8:17 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 18Thanks
    StoppedForSeconds
    PCN From Vehicle Control Services
    • 22nd Jan 18, 8:17 PM
    PCN From Vehicle Control Services 22nd Jan 18 at 8:17 PM
    Hello. Apologies if I'm not following forum etiquette by starting a thread, please do point me in the right direction if the information is here somewhere.

I was collected from John Lennon Airport, Liverpool by another person, driving a car of which I am the registered keeper. I was making my way out to the main road as I was unsure of a pick up point as I'd never used the airport before. However, the driver arrived early and encountered me whilst I was in an area where stopping is prohibited. I put the cases in the boot and myself and my Son got in the car. Going off the times on the photos my car was stationary for about 30 seconds.

So I've received a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) saying I need to pay £100 (£60 if paid within 14 days.) The driver says they didn't notice any signs but to be honest they wouldn't have been looking for any and wouldn't see anything wrong in pulling over to pick me up on a quiet road. It was early Evening so at this time of year it was dark.

What is the next course of action to try to avoid paying this fine? The driver is all for paying the £60 and forgetting about it but I think it's at least worth asking if anyone knows of grounds to get out of it first.

So to summarise -

PCN NTK sent to me as registered keeper.

The driver is a named driver on the insurance policy and was driving the car.

Signs not noticed due to driver being in an unfamiliar place taking more care to try to spot myself and my Son walking in the dark than looking at road signs.

I have not taken any action yet other or responded to the PCN in any way.

Any offers of advice greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by StoppedForSeconds; 22-01-2018 at 8:28 PM.
Page 2
    • StoppedForSeconds
    • By StoppedForSeconds 9th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    StoppedForSeconds
    Thanks very much for the reassurance Ralph-y.

Do you have a link to the fighting fund so I can contribute please?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Feb 18, 6:49 PM
    • 16,678 Posts
    • 26,085 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Go no further on this. See what other action (if any) they take. Have you also been reading of similar cases (more advanced than yours) on PePiPoo?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=110024

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=116961
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • StoppedForSeconds
    • By StoppedForSeconds 9th Feb 18, 7:16 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    StoppedForSeconds
    Go no further on this. See what other action (if any) they take. Have you also been reading of similar cases (more advanced than yours) on PePiPoo?
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Thanks very much Umkomaas - reassuring to know they've never taken anyone to court to date!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Feb 18, 7:31 PM
    • 16,678 Posts
    • 26,085 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Thanks very much Umkomaas - reassuring to know they've never taken anyone to court to date!
    Originally posted by StoppedForSeconds
    Well, not directly at LJLA - they did win a 'stopping' case at the nearby International Business Park (I think that's what it's called), but nothing to concern yourself about at this stage. They've gone nowhere an actual airport case.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • TZR123
    • By TZR123 9th Feb 18, 8:04 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    TZR123
    Well, not directly at LJLA - they did win a 'stopping' case at the nearby International Business Park (I think that's what it's called), but nothing to concern yourself about at this stage. They've gone nowhere an actual airport case.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Do you know of any train station cases involving VCS I could take a look at?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Feb 18, 8:07 PM
    • 16,678 Posts
    • 26,085 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Do you know of any train station cases involving VCS I could take a look at?
    Originally posted by TZR123
    Nope, sorry. AFAIAA, VCS don't 'do' train. stations! Why are you concerned about train stations if this is about LJLA?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

121Posts Today

1,646Users online

Martin's Twitter