Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Money_Man_Steve
    • By Money_Man_Steve 17th Dec 17, 5:00 PM
    • 447Posts
    • 5,306Thanks
    SMARTY mobile - get a free month with up to 8GB of data
    • 17th Dec 17, 5:00 PM
    SMARTY mobile - get a free month with up to 8GB of data 17th Dec 17 at 5:00 PM
    SMARTY is a new SIM-only mobile network owned by 3 (Three) and which runs on the Three UK network.

The emphasis is on fair pricing and there are three monthly plans available without an ongoing contract. The best feature (in my opinion) is that you receive a refund for any unused data against the cost of your next monthly plan.

The three plans are:

• Small - £7.50 for 2GB of data, unlimited calls and texts
    • Medium - £10 for 4GB data, unlimited calls and texts
    • Large - £15 for 8GB of data, unlimited calls and texts

The discount for unused data is £1.25 per GB, but this is calculated per unused megabyte (MB), so no matter how much (or how little) data you have left, you will still get a discount for it. For example, if you picked the small plan and used no data at all, you would get a £2.50 discount of the cost of your plan in the following month.

You can also add extra data to the above plans in multiples of 1GB at £1.25 each. Extra data does not expire - it stays valid until you either use it in full, or you choose to leave SMARTY.

You can change plans each month, renew your plan automatically, or choose not to have an active plan at all (although you do need an active plan to be able to make calls, send texts or use data). When you order a SIM, your plan doesn't start until you receive the SIM card and activate it.

SMARTY is very new and at the moment they are UK only - you can't make international calls or roam overseas yet (although these services are planned for 2018).

SMARTY have just started a 'refer a friend' programme and - if you join with my referral code - you get your second month's plan free. Choose the Large plan worth and this free month is worth £15 - with 8GB of free data. When you use my referral code, I also get a free month. You can join SMARTY directly, but you don't get a free month. There are no cashback deals for SMARTY on the major cashback sites at the time of writing.

To join using my referral link and get your second month free, click here:

To join without using my link, click here:

I'm currently still in my first month with SMARTY and ported my existing mobile number to them without issue. It's also easy to monitor how much data I have left and my past data usage online, via my SMARTY account.

If you have any questions about SMARTY please post them here and I'll do my best to answer them!
    Last edited by Money_Man_Steve; 14-02-2018 at 2:37 AM. Reason: change 'fist month free' to 'second month free'
    Started comping May 15. Best wins to date: 7-day Safari to India; £1000 cash; iPad Pro; 2x Samsung wireless speakers; £350 Luxury spa day for 2; 2x VIP BST tickets (Kylie, Grace Jones, Chic...); £100 dinner with cocktails plus £100 voucher; £185 product of the year hamper; £100 Pickle odd-job credit; National TV Awards tix
Page 1
    • hugh1988
    • By hugh1988 20th Dec 17, 6:29 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    • 20th Dec 17, 6:29 PM
    Invite link
    • 20th Dec 17, 6:29 PM
    Here's another invite link:

Thank you!
    Last edited by hugh1988; 28-12-2017 at 1:25 AM. Reason: typo
    • nainoo
    • By nainoo 19th Jan 18, 9:40 AM
    • 4,584 Posts
    • 9,687 Thanks
    • 19th Jan 18, 9:40 AM
    Smarty Mobile PAYG sim £7.50 a month ( or from £5 a month ) with 1 month free
    • 19th Jan 18, 9:40 AM
    Hi you get one months free unlimited calls , unlimited texts and 2GB of data if you sign up with my link ( I get a free month too! )

I love this plan which is on a rolling month or you can auto renew which I do as if you do not use all your data you get a REFUND on your next bill so this months bill was just £5 for unlimited calls and texts and just under 1GB of data , so if you don't use all your data your 'plan' will cost just £5 a month which is the best plan I have been on for a long good while!

I auto renew because £5 a month with the data refund is FAB and even without it it is a great sim deal with a great service , had no problems at and I am very happy with this mobile company and would def recommend as am glad I found them after talktalk were ripping me off with so many extra charges each month and there are NO extra surprise charges with this sim
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 23rd Jan 18, 4:04 PM
    • 5,798 Posts
    • 2,660 Thanks
    • 23rd Jan 18, 4:04 PM
    • 23rd Jan 18, 4:04 PM
    My current 24 month contract with Three is up in a few weeks time, and as their current upgrade offers don't interest me. I'm also still happy with my current phone (Honor 7) so I'm thinking about getting a 1-month rolling sim from Smarty.

Main reason why I still want Three network is their 4G coverage is good at home and at the places I go most.
    • djpix99
    • By djpix99 13th Feb 18, 9:35 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    • 13th Feb 18, 9:35 AM
    • 13th Feb 18, 9:35 AM
    I have recently signed up via one of the above links and received my free month, Thanks Andrew(I think his name was)
    • Atasas
    • By Atasas 14th Feb 18, 6:09 PM
    • 724 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:09 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:09 PM
    so far Smarty is getting mixed reviews, but seem half decent MVNO
    • JezCooke
    • By JezCooke 2nd Mar 18, 8:55 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    • 2nd Mar 18, 8:55 AM
    • 2nd Mar 18, 8:55 AM
    My daughter signed up via one of the referrals above, if anyone fancies getting a free month by signing up via her referral link I'm sure she'd appreciate it! ;-)
    • Derek_Duval
    • By Derek_Duval 10th Mar 18, 6:27 PM
    • 673 Posts
    • 371 Thanks
    • 10th Mar 18, 6:27 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 6:27 PM
    Thanks JezCooke, used you referral so you should get another free month

I also have a referral if anyone's interested in a free month

Last edited by Derek_Duval; 12-03-2018 at 8:12 PM.
    Next year we'll be millionaires!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,582Posts Today

7,160Users online

Martin's Twitter