Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Special_Saver2
    • By Special_Saver2 27th Nov 07, 10:33 PM
    • 1,095Posts
    • 3,810Thanks
    Special_Saver2
    Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**
    • 27th Nov 07, 10:33 PM
    Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted** 27th Nov 07 at 10:33 PM
    1. Introduction

Welcome to this thread. I continually edit the first few posts of this thread to keep it up-to-date. This thread is meant to complement Martin Lewis' article which you can read here: Regular Savings Accounts and the accompanying discussion thread Regularly Beat the Best Savings Account Rates Discussion Area

I am happy for people to use this thread to discuss the regular savings accounts on this list. If people want to discuss one of the feeder accounts or a maturing account that is no longer on this list, I am happy for people to post something on this thread (as it may be of interest to some of the people who follow this thread), although I would prefer they start a new thread and then post a message on this thread with a link to the new thread.

I am only including accounts where the interest rate is 2.5% or better, or 1.5% if there are particularly favourable terms and conditions (e.g. fixed rate, no maturity date, allow payment of £500 or more per month, or have unlimited withdrawals without penalty).

I have not included regular saver ISA accounts which you can find in Kazza242's thread here: Mini Cash ISAs: The Best ISAs Currently Available List

I have included children's regular savers but I would strongly recommend that you read the section about the tax implications
    for interest from children's accounts in Martin's article Best Child Savings.

If you are not sure whether the best place for your money is in a regular savings account or another type of savings account then look at Martin's article How to Start Saving. If you want to see a worked example of how to use these accounts to save the maximum possible, see the thread What is the Highest Interest Rate You Can Get?

If you have information about a new regular saver account then please feel free to post a message on this thread or you can write a separate thread and then post a link here. Please try and limit discussion on this thread to regular savings accounts.

If you want to bookmark a link that allows you to jump straight to the end of this thread then use this: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5776240&page=9999

If you want to receive automatic alerts when new posts are added to this thread then use the following instructions. Login, go to the top of any page in this thread, click "Thread tools" then click on "Subscribe to this thread" and then select whether you want to be notified as soon as there is a new post (you will receive an e-mail telling you to go to the website for more details) or select daily or weekly updates (you will receive an e-mail daily / weekly with a handy summary of all the new posts).

You may also be interested in the following threads:
    How can regular savings accounts offer such good interest rates?
    Are Regular Savers still worth it? (Calculations and discussion regarding drip feeding lump sums into regular savings accounts)
    Is there a best time of the month to deposit in Regular Savers?
    Transfers from Barclays to regular savings accounts
    Interest on BACS credits
    Direct Debit Payments
    A-Z of bank/building society sort codes/account nos
    Account opening date and 13th payments

Websites with useful information include:
    Moneyfacts.co.uk News Page
    Moneyfacts.co.uk Regular Savings Accounts Page
    Moneyfacts.co.uk Children's Savings Accounts Page
    Moneysupermarket.com Regular Savings Accounts Page

(you need to choose the right hand option on that page to view all regular savings accounts)
    Savings Champion Regular Savings Account Page

Thanks to Money Savers
    adindas, Afahmaep, alanq, aleph_0, AlwaysLearnin, apt, Archi Bald, Ashen, Baldur, blindman, Bluebirdnick, bob792, bristolleedsfan, Careful_ly, Chadsman, Chaykin, chookie1, chris1, colsten, Cosworth806, ctdctd, Dagobert, DeepSporran, dougz, Ed-1, edda, F4, Fella, Froglet, Frogletina, glider3560, gt94sss2, happy with my lot!!, HardCoreProgrammer, IanIan, IanManc, info addict, InMyDreams, innovate, interest Ted, jdavtz, jimbow25, Jo Blogs, johnmoney05, karlie88, Kazza242, Ken68, KTF, lightbulb2760, LongTermLurker, lr1277, lucky77, mary, midzone, MarkFromMullion, MARTYM8', Milarky, moi, moneylover, Money_Man_Steve, MoneySaverLog, motoko, Mr Pumpendumpen, MRMX9, mrssjs, Nessie23, Newly retired, Nick_C, nicko33, notalk, numbers123, Old Slaphead, opinions4u, oxenryd, parker1982, patientperson, penguine, premierfella, psychic teabag, quinlanmd, RayWolfe, red ant, redcar, Rich2808, SalsaDanca, secret wookie, schiff, shokadelika, Snowman, Speculator, steveteach, steve65e, veryintrigued, ViksB, vinylmusic, Vortigern, weeallen, Westie983, worried3, Willing2Learn, and YorkshireBoy for their contributions (useful posts either directly on this thread or on another thread that I have then incorporated here).

I have divided up the information here into several different sections. You can therefore easily skip any sections that you are not interested in.

Unless indicated otherwise, you can only open one of each account.

I have included a summary of the terms and conditions of each account as these can be complicated with regular savings accounts. I would advise you to look at these terms and conditions to check that the account is suitable for you.

You might find some references to the "old version of this thread" in the first page of this thread. This thread is the 3rd version of my regular savings thread. The first thread was closed at my request as the information grew beyond the character limit of the few posts that I had placed on the first page. I then created the 2nd version on 27th November 2007. The second version was very popular with many pages of useful posts and over 1 million views. This was the popular "old version of this thread" referred to above. At the beginning of 2018 that thread was somehow accidentally deleted but the moderators were able to create a new thread (this 3rd version) and reproduce the first page of my 2nd version thread.

2. No Time Limit / Account Maturity Date

The advantage of these accounts is that you can build up a large balance which all earns a high rate of interest. You also avoid the hassle of continually opening and closing accounts and setting up new standing orders for each new account. The terms and conditions are also generally good - they generally allow you to make a penalty-free withdrawal and miss a payment each year. The disadvantage of these accounts is that there is no guarantee that the rate will remain high and often these accounts have a balance limit. If the interest rate drops after 12 months then I include the account in post 4 instead.

3. Matures After More Than 12 Months

The interest rate drops significantly after the date specified.

4. Matures After 12 Months

These accounts usually offer higher interest rates and they often offer interest rates that are fixed for the full 12 months. The main disadvantage with these accounts is that after 12 months the interest rate usually drops significantly. The terms and conditions can also be quite restrictive, so read them carefully.

5. Matures After 12 Months, Requires Another Account

These accounts are similar to the above accounts but they require you to open another account (usually a current account, which often has a funding requirement). They are more hassle than the accounts in section 4 but usually have a higher interest rate in return.

6. Matures After 12 Months, Requires Another Product (Insurance or Investment)

These accounts usually also offer a short term, high interest rate but they require you to make a long term investment or take out an insurance product.

7. Matures After Less Than 12 Months

These accounts are usually Christmas Saver accounts designed to encourage saving in time for Christmas.

8. Homebuyer Accounts

Okay, these accounts will not be of much use to you unless you are going to buy a house but they may be of use to some of you out there.

9. Best Feeder Accounts

These are accounts where you can leave a large lump sum and drip feed the money into your regular savers each month. Certain accounts are not listed here as they cannot transfer money directly to regular savings accounts. The accounts listed can do BACS transfers to regular savings accounts directly. Alternatively, if you have an offset mortgage, you might be able to use that as a feeder account but it is only worth doing so if the interest paid (after tax) on the regular saver account is higher than the interest rate on your mortgage account.
    Last edited by Special_Saver2; 20-02-2018 at 12:44 AM.
Page 5
    • jimbow25
    • By jimbow25 9th Feb 18, 4:39 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    jimbow25
    HSBC Regular Saver

Interest rate: 5% gross p.a. fixed rate but only available if you have a HSBC Premier or Advance account
    Monthly payment: £25-£250
    Miss any payments: Yes, you can cancel and resume your standing order whenever you wish
    Penalty-free withdrawals: No, but you can close the account early (with interest paid at a lower rate for the entire term - paid at the standard Flexible Saver interest rate)
    Age of applicant: Same age as whichever current account is opened at the same time (which is age 16, 17 or 18 depending on the current account chosen)
    How to open account: In branch, online or telephone
    Special conditions: Must hold a current account with HSBC and the standing order must come from that account. If you pay in less than £250 per month then you can make up the extra amount in future months - your maximum balance goes up by £250 per month. For a version of this account which requires a current account that does not have a fee, see below. You may also have difficulty opening this account if you do not have a regular income - see page 85 of this thread. Advance account now available free of charge - see post 2895.
    Originally posted by Special_Saver2
    I opened this account a year ago today.
    I logged on today and can see the interest has been added and the new interest rate is 0.1%. However the account is still called PREF REG SAV and the system blocks my attempts to open a new regular saver because I "already have one".

I spoke to both web and telephone customer services and they said I have to wait up to 5 working days for the system to cease to recognise it as a regular saver before the system will allow me to open a new one. Has anyone else encountered this issue or know of a resolution?
    I can see that this "works" for the First Direct saver as per Special Saver's post so I'm a bit surprised it doesn't here. Also frustrating as the refusal message says you can open a new one "on or after maturity date". and, I wanted to keep the same anniversary date ideally.

Thanks for the continuing updates to this excellent thread. Ten or so years and going strong! Even if regular savers are not what they once were.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 9th Feb 18, 5:25 PM
    • 5,896 Posts
    • 5,233 Thanks
    badger09
    I logged on today and can see the interest has been added and the new interest rate is 0.1%. However the account is still called PREF REG SAV and the system blocks my attempts to open a new regular saver because I "already have one".

I spoke to both web and telephone customer services and they said I have to wait up to 5 working days for the system to cease to recognise it as a regular saver before the system will allow me to open a new one. Has anyone else encountered this issue or know of a resolution?
    I can see that this "works" for the First Direct saver as per Special Saver's post so I'm a bit surprised it doesn't here. Also frustrating as the refusal message says you can open a new one "on or after maturity date". and, I wanted to keep the same anniversary date ideally.

Thanks for the continuing updates to this excellent thread. Ten or so years and going strong! Even if regular savers are not what they once were.
    Originally posted by jimbow25
    I'm in a similar, but not quite the same position.

I opened my RS 9th Feb last year. It disappeared completely from the app between 7th & 8th and the balance hasn't yet been credited to my existing Flex Saver Pref. It has simply disappeared into the ether.

Last year the balance on the maturing RS appeared in the Flex Saver Pref on the day after maturity, so I'm hoping it will appear tomorrow.

However, I have been able to apply for a new RS through online banking (not the app), so at least the new one should have the same funding and anniversary dates.
    • andi2
    • By andi2 9th Feb 18, 6:33 PM
    • 658 Posts
    • 784 Thanks
    andi2

Hubby's matured on 8th. It had vanished & was renamed by 7th (& balance showing as £0), so he opened a new one. That's up & running today (9th) & his funds with interest were showing today too.
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
    • Westie983
    • By Westie983 9th Feb 18, 10:35 PM
    • 4,132 Posts
    • 14,650 Thanks
    Westie983

It will change overnight tonight, as soon as it changes to a savings account you will be able to open a new regular saver.

Westie983
    Save 12k in 2018 #10 Total (£25,000)+£5,000/£12,000 = 41.66%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 11 #97 Total (£410) + £0/£800 = 0.00% ( x 11)
    Xmas 2018 £1 a Day #2 Total £22.59/£365 = 6.18%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total £300/£1,000 = 30.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2018 #16 Total (£1,500)+-490/£2,000 = 50.50%

Total £5,322.59/£16,165 = 32.92%

I'm a Board Guide on Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Debt-Free Wannabe, Disability Money Matters, and Savings & Investments. I'm a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly, but I'm not a moderator, and do not read all posts. If you see an inappropriate/illegal post then email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • verybigchris
    • By verybigchris 10th Feb 18, 10:11 AM
    • 399 Posts
    • 518 Thanks
    verybigchris
    The M&S Regular Saver needs two active direct debits to be opened - am I right in thinking they don't have to stay active for the whole 12 months?

(also, the links to the subsections in the first post don't appear to work any more since the thread was resurrected)
    • badger09
    • By badger09 10th Feb 18, 11:33 AM
    • 5,896 Posts
    • 5,233 Thanks
    badger09
    The M&S Regular Saver needs two active direct debits to be opened - am I right in thinking they don't have to stay active for the whole 12 months?

(also, the links to the subsections in the first post don't appear to work any more since the thread was resurrected)
    Originally posted by verybigchris
    I can't see anything in the summary T&Cs which suggests they must remain active after opening, however as they only need to be 'active' ie pay out once every 12 months, I haven't taken any chances and have move 2 annual DDs to M&S.

That way, I don't have to scurry around looking for new ones when the time comes to renew the Monthly Saver
    • badger09
    • By badger09 10th Feb 18, 11:35 AM
    • 5,896 Posts
    • 5,233 Thanks
    badger09

I opened my RS 9th Feb last year. It disappeared completely from the app between 7th & 8th and the balance hasn't yet been credited to my existing Flex Saver Pref. It has simply disappeared into the ether.

Last year the balance on the maturing RS appeared in the Flex Saver Pref on the day after maturity, so I'm hoping it will appear tomorrow.

However, I have been able to apply for a new RS through online banking (not the app), so at least the new one should have the same funding and anniversary dates.
    Originally posted by badger09
    UPDATE
    Maturity funds showing in Flex Saver Pref this morning with yesterday's date. New RS not yet showing.

I've had trouble in the past when the renewal application got stuck in their system for some reason, so will monitor closely.
    • jimbow25
    • By jimbow25 12th Feb 18, 10:33 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    jimbow25

Hubby's matured on 8th. It had vanished & was renamed by 7th (& balance showing as £0), so he opened a new one. That's up & running today (9th) & his funds with interest were showing today too.
    Originally posted by andi2
    It will change overnight tonight, as soon as it changes to a savings account you will be able to open a new regular saver.

Westie983
    Originally posted by Westie983
    Thank you all for the swift responses. However I've now got to 3 days after maturity and I still have PREF REG SAV showing on my account and cannot open a new one.It's maddening. I emptied the account on Saturday for what it's worth. At least the telephone and online support were entirely accurate about their own bank's inefficiencies.
    I am talking about HSBC here by the way. Get the impression badger09 may be discussing another bank as there's no reference to "flex" in this one's name.
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 12th Feb 18, 10:40 PM
    • 29,906 Posts
    • 17,780 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    I am talking about HSBC here by the way. Get the impression badger09 may be discussing another bank...
    I can assure you she knows exactly what she's talking about.
    ...as there's no reference to "flex" in this one's name.
    "Flex Sav Pre" is what your "Pref Reg Sav" becomes on maturity. Once you see this, with the proceeds (or not, in your case), you can apply for your new "Pref Reg Sav".
    • badger09
    • By badger09 13th Feb 18, 12:50 PM
    • 5,896 Posts
    • 5,233 Thanks
    badger09
    UPDATE
    Maturity funds showing in Flex Saver Pref this morning with yesterday's date. New RS not yet showing.

I've had trouble in the past when the renewal application got stuck in their system for some reason, so will monitor closely.
    Yesterday (12th) New RS appeared online, funded on 11th.

Thank you all for the swift responses. However I've now got to 3 days after maturity and I still have PREF REG SAV showing on my account and cannot open a new one.It's maddening. I emptied the account on Saturday for what it's worth. At least the telephone and online support were entirely accurate about their own bank's inefficiencies.
    I am talking about HSBC here by the way. Get the impression badger09 may be discussing another bank as there's no reference to "flex" in this one's name.
    Sounds like your old account has got stuck in the system as one of my previous ones did. If it hasn't disappeared by now you need to contact them.

I can assure you she knows exactly what she's talking about. "Flex Sav Pre" is what your "Pref Reg Sav" becomes on maturity. Once you see this, with the proceeds (or not, in your case), you can apply for your new "Pref Reg Sav".
    Originally posted by YorkshireBoy
    Why thank you kind Sir

I like to think I usually do know what I'm talking about, but I'm only human after all (in badger form)

Now I can't get this out of my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wKzyIN1yk
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 18th Feb 18, 7:33 AM
    • 247 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    18cc
    In the HSBC section at the beginning (and also as quoted above) the 'page 85' link is invalid

"You may also have difficulty opening this account if you do not have a regular income - see page 85 of this thread. "
    • ctdctd
    • By ctdctd 18th Feb 18, 8:00 AM
    • 866 Posts
    • 681 Thanks
    ctdctd
    In the HSBC section at the beginning (and also as quoted above) the 'page 85' link is invalid

"You may also have difficulty opening this account if you do not have a regular income - see page 85 of this thread. "
    Originally posted by 18cc
    Yes, that is because MSE deleted the original hugely useful thread which had over a million views and could not get it back.

This thread is a recreation of the first few posts with additional posts made this year.
    Since it was re-created, understandably Special Saver 2 has not been updating the first posts.
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
    • Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 18th Feb 18, 9:02 AM
    • 1,903 Posts
    • 2,026 Thanks
    Kim_13

Originally posted by 18cc
    There was a post from a poster who had taken early retirement. Their application to open a Regular Saver was refused as they were not receiving a salary or a pension.
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2018 #9 ~ £19.55/£180.00
    CCCC 2018 #1 ~ £20.75/£180.00

I'm a Board Guide on the Savings and Investments , Budgeting and Bank Accounts , Credit Cards and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this.) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • karlie88
    • By karlie88 18th Feb 18, 1:27 PM
    • 8,333 Posts
    • 106,077 Thanks
    karlie88
    Could I ask what the situation is with this thread? It's been a month since it was restarted by Westie. SS2 last logged on to MSE 2 weeks ago. The opening posts haven't been updated.

Is this because of an IT issue in that SS2 can't update the opening posts or have they decided to move on and not update them due to their old thread being spammed/deleted for some (silly) reason?

The reg saver thread has been an extremely useful resource for myself and family members. I will PM SS2 in the meantime, there may be another reason - hopefully they're ok.
    Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member
    • badger09
    • By badger09 18th Feb 18, 1:34 PM
    • 5,896 Posts
    • 5,233 Thanks
    badger09
    Could I ask what the situation is with this thread? It's been a month since it was restarted by Westie. SS2 last logged on to MSE 2 weeks ago. The opening posts haven't been updated.

Is this because of an IT issue in that SS2 can't update the opening posts or have they decided to move on and not update them due to their old thread being spammed/deleted for some (silly) reason?

The reg saver thread has been an extremely useful resource for myself and family members. I will PM SS2 in the meantime, there may be another reason - hopefully they're ok.
    Originally posted by karlie88
    SS2 wasn't always able to update the original thread every week.

I'm sure they will be along soon, either to update, or let us know they can no longer do it.

Let's hope SS2 is OK and just very busy at the moment.
    • Special_Saver2
    • By Special_Saver2 18th Feb 18, 7:01 PM
    • 1,095 Posts
    • 3,810 Thanks
    Special_Saver2
    Hi Everybody,

I am sad to see my old thread has been deleted but glad to see we have been able to resurrect the first page and carry on the thread here. Many thanks to Westie983 for getting the first page restored in this new thread.

For anybody who was receiving regular e-mail updates from the old thread, you will need to subscribe to this new thread to get the e-mail updates. There are instructions in post 1 and to save people having to search for it, I am copying the relevant paragraph below. I need to go and do this myself in a moment, so useful for me to remember how to do it!

"If you want to receive automatic alerts when new posts are added to this thread then use the following instructions. Login, go to the top of any page in this thread, click "Thread tools" then click on "Subscribe to this thread" and then select whether you want to be notified as soon as there is a new post (you will receive an e-mail telling you to go to the website for more details) or select daily or weekly updates (you will receive an e-mail daily / weekly with a handy summary of all the new posts)."

Here is the update that I have just carried out.

- Mansfield BS Young Regular Saver (1st Issue) interest rate increased from 2.5% to 2.6% from 14th February

- Nottingham BS Special Regular Saver (Issue 6) account withdrawn

- Principality BS Dylan Regular Saver Bond issue 6 replaced with issue 7 - same interest rate but children up to the age of 17 can open it (I have recorded up to age 16 with issue 6), the account can be closed early without penalty but no free Dylan the Dragon money box now

- Ipswich BS Smart Save (Issue 2) interest rate increased from 2.75% to 2.85% from 31st January 2018

- Mansfield BS Regular Savings (4th Issue) interest rate increased from 2.25% to 2.35% from 14th February 2018

- Cambridge BS Regular Saver issue 5 replaced with issue 6; the details look the same to me

- Leeds BS Regular Saver issue 11 replaced with issue 12 with new maturity date of 31st January 2019

- Virgin Money Regular E-Saver issue 8 replaced with issue 9 with new maturity date of 20th February 2019

- Virgin Money Regular E-Saver issue 7 replaced with issue 8 with new maturity date of 1st February 2019

- Monmouthshire BS First Home Bonus Saver (Issue 2) interest rate increased from 4.5% to 4.75% from 1st January 2018

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here
    • Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 18th Feb 18, 7:23 PM
    • 1,903 Posts
    • 2,026 Thanks
    Kim_13
    Hi SS2

Good to see you back. Thank you for the update and your continued efforts.

Here's to the next 300 pages.
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2018 #9 ~ £19.55/£180.00
    CCCC 2018 #1 ~ £20.75/£180.00

I'm a Board Guide on the Savings and Investments , Budgeting and Bank Accounts , Credit Cards and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this.) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Andystriker
    • By Andystriker 18th Feb 18, 8:02 PM
    • 557 Posts
    • 416 Thanks
    Andystriker
    Hi Everybody,

I am sad to see my old thread has been deleted but glad to see we have been able to resurrect the first page and carry on the thread here. Many thanks to Westie983 for getting the first page restored in this new thread.

For anybody who was receiving regular e-mail updates from the old thread, you will need to subscribe to this new thread to get the e-mail updates. There are instructions in post 1 and to save people having to search for it, I am copying the relevant paragraph below. I need to go and do this myself in a moment, so useful for me to remember how to do it!

"If you want to receive automatic alerts when new posts are added to this thread then use the following instructions. Login, go to the top of any page in this thread, click "Thread tools" then click on "Subscribe to this thread" and then select whether you want to be notified as soon as there is a new post (you will receive an e-mail telling you to go to the website for more details) or select daily or weekly updates (you will receive an e-mail daily / weekly with a handy summary of all the new posts)."

Here is the update that I have just carried out.

- Mansfield BS Young Regular Saver (1st Issue) interest rate increased from 2.5% to 2.6% from 14th February

- Nottingham BS Special Regular Saver (Issue 6) account withdrawn

- Principality BS Dylan Regular Saver Bond issue 6 replaced with issue 7 - same interest rate but children up to the age of 17 can open it (I have recorded up to age 16 with issue 6), the account can be closed early without penalty but no free Dylan the Dragon money box now

- Ipswich BS Smart Save (Issue 2) interest rate increased from 2.75% to 2.85% from 31st January 2018

- Mansfield BS Regular Savings (4th Issue) interest rate increased from 2.25% to 2.35% from 14th February 2018

- Cambridge BS Regular Saver issue 5 replaced with issue 6; the details look the same to me

- Leeds BS Regular Saver issue 11 replaced with issue 12 with new maturity date of 31st January 2019

- Virgin Money Regular E-Saver issue 8 replaced with issue 9 with new maturity date of 20th February 2019

- Virgin Money Regular E-Saver issue 7 replaced with issue 8 with new maturity date of 1st February 2019

- Monmouthshire BS First Home Bonus Saver (Issue 2) interest rate increased from 4.5% to 4.75% from 1st January 2018

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here
    Originally posted by Special_Saver2
    Hi SS2,

It is great to see you back. The old thread helped me on many occasions and I'd like to thank you for the hard work you put in.

I am very grateful for the updates and hope you realise how much we all appreciate them.

Andy
    • glider3560
    • By glider3560 19th Feb 18, 8:20 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 2,158 Thanks
    glider3560
    A reminder that Virgin Money Regular E-Saver Issue 3 matures tomorrow.

As always, you an request closure up to 30 days in advance on the withdrawal page. The balance plus interest gets transferred to your nominated account on the selected date.

• Westie983
    • By Westie983 20th Feb 18, 5:15 AM
    • 4,132 Posts
    • 14,650 Thanks
    Westie983
    Closure sent, Money already in account.

Roll on to the next maturity which is Santander next month.

Westie983
    Last edited by Westie983; 20-02-2018 at 5:21 AM.
    Save 12k in 2018 #10 Total (£25,000)+£5,000/£12,000 = 41.66%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 11 #97 Total (£410) + £0/£800 = 0.00% ( x 11)
    Xmas 2018 £1 a Day #2 Total £22.59/£365 = 6.18%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total £300/£1,000 = 30.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2018 #16 Total (£1,500)+-490/£2,000 = 50.50%

Total £5,322.59/£16,165 = 32.92%

I'm a Board Guide on Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Debt-Free Wannabe, Disability Money Matters, and Savings & Investments. I'm a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly, but I'm not a moderator, and do not read all posts. If you see an inappropriate/illegal post then email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

119Posts Today

1,631Users online

Martin's Twitter