Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Slinky
    • By Slinky 15th Jan 18, 1:45 PM
    • 5,044Posts
    • 22,759Thanks
    KonMari 2018 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up
    • 15th Jan 18, 1:45 PM
    KonMari 2018 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up 15th Jan 18 at 1:45 PM
    Since there seems to be a few new threads being started in case old ones are accidentally lost, shall I do the same for KonMari?

Here's the links to the old threads with thanks to VfM4meplse and greent

'The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up' by Marie Kondo is a home organisation/ decluttering book like no other. Instead of looking for things to discard, Marie Kondo says we should instead look for things we wish to keep - using the 'does it spark joy?' method. Ultimately this means that everything in our homes should spark joy for us You might not think that everyday and seemingly mundane items can't spark joy - but you need to think around it a little. So whilst an iron may not spark joy, wearing ironed clothes may. A cheese grater may not spark joy, but your child may really like grated cheese in their wraps - which brings joy.

Marie Kondo also says that this should be done quickly and properly. This may take six months to achieve, but tidying properly should mean doing it just once. This is against the often-seen decluttering advice of doing 15 minutes a day, or a drawer/ shelf a day.

MK suggests an order as to what to sort through first and subsequently. This is important - she starts with items which many people do not have an emotional attachment to (clothes) and builds up to sentimental items (photos) so that a person's joy-meter can be developed along the way.

Many MSE-ers have been following the KM method (kondo-ing) successfully. It fits into the MSE ethos by changing your mindse - you will no longer want to shop mindlessly for something 'just because' or 'it'll do' - you will want to buy only joyful items, thereby often saving ££ on random, impulse purchases.

This Forum tip was included in's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 24-01-2018 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Add new hyperlink, thanks zippychick
Page 30
    • MMF007
    • By MMF007 7th Mar 18, 7:07 PM
    • 1,142 Posts
    • 26,147 Thanks
    Took 4 more garments to CS this morning between jobs. I had put them to one side a couple of months ago and forgotten them. I was thinking of asking my friend to alter them as I have shrunk but looked at them yester and realised they have been too big for over a year and haven't been worn or missed in all that time!
    While I was in CS I bought another jumper for my lovely client who had requested same. It is her birthday at the weekend but her son and daughter cannot visit until afterwards so i am going to do a mini tea party for her and a couple of her friends. That will kondo some paper plates and napkins
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance.
    • Floss
    • By Floss 7th Mar 18, 8:34 PM
    • 4,367 Posts
    • 38,297 Thanks
    Show off!

This will be only the second. The original was given to me by another plotholder over a decade ago and is still going strong. It's one of the basic black ones. Pal's text says this is a large Dalek, so mebbe one of the bigger green ones? I will meet it at some point in the next few days.
    Originally posted by GreyQueen
    Ooh maybe it's one of the boss Daleks - or maybe even Davros?! Ours are all black basics
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 8th Mar 18, 9:14 AM
    • 3,528 Posts
    • 56,924 Thanks
    Managed to get out into the garden yesterday and sorted the support canes for the blackberries and loganberries - they are all nice and tidy now and supported. One runner had rooted at the tip and one of my loganberries is at least 40 years old. It's producing progressively less fruit each year so we be decided that karma has replaced it! The new one is thornless too.
    I think I spurred DH into action as he came out and cut the rotten wood out of our pergola thingy that had been listing for about three years! A bit more for the wood burner and we're having a rethink about what we do next.
    A productive time dodging the showers and hailstones - upside was the garden robin hopping about and the beautiful double rainbow - so clear all the colours stood out individually - serendipity!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • Papillon55
    • By Papillon55 8th Mar 18, 10:55 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Hello all - first time poster, long time lurker on OS threads. I'm wondering if I can draw upon the collective wisdom of this thread and the premise of 'does it spark joy'. I toyed with putting this on the In My Home thread, but I would rather it sit here if possible because the KM method appeals to me, and suits the emotional root causes of the problem.

Short story - my partner and I live in a rented 3 bedroom house with conservatory, garden etc. Lots of space in theory! We moved in last summer, we had just three garden chairs and an air mattress. It was really hard to begin with. We rattled around this house a little bewildered.

We subsequently, and gradually, were able to retrieve our possessions (we had both left former relationships) and now have an entire house full of absolute carp. I've thrown a fair bit away but my partner is struggling. There is also a huge amount of emotion, an alienated child (it feels like a bereavement yet he's only up the road but the mother refuses access) a chronic illness, and widdle all money to add to the mix of why we are struggling to simply 'get on with it'. We are struggling so much to sort out the house that we often stay in the in-laws holiday home up the road to just get away from it. Every single room is full, stacked up, including the conservatory and all three bedrooms, plus a crammed storage locker in the garden.

Ridiculous I know. We are both hoarders although he perhaps a little more than me. We also can't add anything that's fixed e.g. Shelves so are making do with various storage solutions, and there's probably a large portion of feeling like it's not worth it because we can only renew the lease 6 months at a time and we don't feel settled in the area for many reasons. We have very little time outside of work, and I am too poorly to do much at all, although I will have more free time soon and hopefully more energy as it's not being used up by work.

Please, please can anyone help us get our heads around how to sort out this house! We have six days off over Easter and I feels like it's then or never with regards to fixing this mess. We both want a lovely home filled with only the things that spark joy, to help us move on from our respective former difficulties and build our life together.
    • WeeMidgie
    • By WeeMidgie 8th Mar 18, 10:56 AM
    • 205 Posts
    • 4,543 Thanks
    One of the delights of KM is how things speed up with each pass.

I'm in year 3 of KM. This morning I've done paperwork for the third time, and it took barely half an hour to weed out time expired documents, guarantees for items which have died, etc etc..

My brain still thinks it's going to be a slog, so it's a great feeling when it isn't!
    • kittie
    • By kittie 8th Mar 18, 11:00 AM
    • 11,627 Posts
    • 72,267 Thanks
    I found more stuff for recycling/tip today, decorating fluids, wood hardener and a couple of electricals indoors that I haven`t used in two years. The boot was pretty full so the MK was a bonus. I feel like going out on a cycle but lanes are filthy, drat, my bike is quite clean. I know, I will recycle two bags of bought compost on the allotment and have a potter up there, need to take my cycle pump, bet the wheelbarrow tyre is flat and they are too heavy to carry
    • allybee101
    • By allybee101 8th Mar 18, 12:27 PM
    • 731 Posts
    • 5,252 Thanks
    Hello Papillon,

Welcome, I tend to lurk on the KM thread of late but I have used the method to some success, and in fact am on a four day break from work which is including some kon-marieing.
    If you have the book, take a look at the section where MK talks about having a vision for what you would like your home to be like. Write it up and stick it somewhere you can see it.
    Between now and Easter perhaps you can write a list of the categories you would like to tackle. There's the list in the book and I imagine heaps of detailed examples on the internet. Don't feel like you have to do eveything if it looks overwhelming.
    Perhaps between now and Easter you can do some little things to help ease the way, such as starting with your sock drawer. Taking 20 mins to sort through your socks, pair them and fold them (videos on Youtube will help with this).
    Another night you could do another little category pyjamas, undies, t shirts etc.
    Have a box set to one side for anything you want to donate, if you come across things in the next couple of weeks that you know you don't want to keep you don't need to wait for your KM festival you can let go of it there and then.

Best of luck with it. And don't worry about achieving perfection on the first go, many of us re-visit things time and again as we learn what truly sparks joy.
    "Does it spark joy?" - Marie Kondo

"Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." Napoleon Hill
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 8th Mar 18, 1:07 PM
    • 5,069 Posts
    • 74,601 Thanks
    Hi Papillon - well done for recognising that you need / want to declutter. it is addictive once you start and many of us are testament to its 'life changing magic' qualities (I gave up my job to do a full-time PhD for example)

Is there some low-hanging fruit you can do first? Things you care less about anyway that can go? Many talk of the "9th square" - having somewhere to put things as you go through them and decide what to keep. For example in my kitchen tidying I always start at the draining board, because the stuff is clean and i can put it away and then start to put things there - so that is my 9th square (it's a bit like those number puzzle things in crackers, where you have to shuffle tiles around to put them in order). Hope that makes sense.
    You're out with a friend in the capital, I'm a thousand leagues under the sea
    You're hovering worriedly over your eggs, And I'm pondering trees
    I'm wandering long, And I'm pondering trees
    For you and me
    Guy Garvey
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 8th Mar 18, 2:03 PM
    • 28,759 Posts
    • 163,035 Thanks
    Papillon, good ideas from allybee and VJsmum. Not being able to add any shelves etc because its a rental isn't so terrible long term, tho I understand it must be frustrating - one of the tricks of Kondo is not to buy long term storage solutions until you know what you actually *have*, that you want to store. And you don't know that yet - if you're both sleeping away from the house, that tells us a lot about how bad it feels

It may not be worth it for the house, with the rental being quite insecure, but its worth it for *you* - you're not talking about decorating or structural changes, you're talking about making the space liveable and enjoyable.

Okay. Low hanging fruit, as VJsmum says. For example: anything that's broken? Two half empty tubs that can be poured into one, and the empty one binned? Or the sock drawer, as allybee says. Small things, easy things, that can give you hope to go on.

Are things stored in the right room, in general? Toilet paper in the bathroom/toilet, that kind of thing? All the coats stored together? How much duplication do you have, since you were both in previous relationships?

You describe yourselves as hoarders. That needs to be addressed, to be honest with you. To have the lovely KM home you want, you're going to have to get rid of stuff - if you just chuck it out because you want it gone, more will be acquired .... but you *can* make the change, you really can! Best of luck, and keep posting - thats one of the most important things!
    Retired August 2016
    • firebubble
    • By firebubble 8th Mar 18, 7:01 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 570 Thanks
    Welcome Papillon! There are lots of great ideas on the thread, keep reading and what you need will sink in. To add another angle, have a think about why you describe yourself as a hoarder, and what's behind it. For example, are you keeping things because it means something, or reminds you of something (a historic hoarder), or are you keeping it just in case it might be needed someday (hoarding for the future). Behind all hoarding, or even just stockpiling, is usually a worry about something. If you can understand your own worry, in time you'll be able to come up with ways of calming it without hoarding - so for example, if you are concerned you won't have enough, you can focus on saving so that instead of spending money on piles of stuff, you'll keep the money in the bank to give you the same sense of security that you need to not be worried.

Another thing KonMari covers is starting with yourself and your own stuff, and not worrying about anyone else's things. The process is like peeling an onion, you'll go through stuff, and then the next time you go through it, you'll discover even more stuff that can go. So maybe start, box by box, simply looking for things that are broken or worn out and are just rubbish. This first big obstacle I remember was getting stuck thinking I must recycle/sell/give away, and as this is a hassle, I never ended up getting rid of things.

The shaming, embarrassing fact is that - whilst there may be bits that can go to the charity shop - at the start, you will be sending lots of stuff to landfill. It feels horribly wasteful. The only thing to do is to tell yourself you're never going to get into that position again, and that in future you will limit yourself to only acquiring things you will truly use. As the process continues, the rubbish will be gone, and you'll discover good quality items that you can charity shop, freecycle or even sell. So don't let yourself get stuck on binning things at the start! Good luck and keep us posted - I'm pretty much kondo'd but I love love love reading about other people starting out
    • GreyQueen
    • By GreyQueen 8th Mar 18, 7:07 PM
    • 11,696 Posts
    • 225,571 Thanks
    Hello and welcome, Papillon. Good to have your with us.

As I read it, you two have effectively consolidated your holdings and are likely bringing part of the domestic paraphenalia from your previous homes & relationships, but not a full inventory as those households are still running with the exes in them?

If I've grasped it correctly, might I suggest sitting down together and making some lists to determine what your reasonable requirements are for items such as crockery, cutlery, pots & pans, household linens, cushions, curtains, rugs etc etc. Then you can (mentally) review what you would like to keep before you start pulling things about.

This can be a lot easier than standing hip-deep in a room rammed with boxes and bags and starting to get panicky.

Once you have decided on quantity, you will have to decide on whose stuff is best suited to your new lifestyle together and whose stuff is not suitable; too big, too orange, too worn out, too whatever. Then you can start to rehome the excess.

Re clothing and personal goods and chattels such as accessories, entertainment items (books, films, LPs, comic books etc) I'd leave them til last because they are weighted with heavy sentiment for most of us.

Think at all times of what you would like your new, shared life to be like in the future, and hold to that vision and steadily make decisions and actions which lead towards that goal.

Believe that you WILL get there in the end because, as long as more goes out than comes in, the volume of Stuff will gradually decrease.

Good luck!
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)

• daisy 1571
    • By daisy 1571 8th Mar 18, 8:00 PM
    • 265 Posts
    • 3,232 Thanks
    daisy 1571
    Hi Papillon

Lots of great ideas for you in the posts above. I hope you continue to post to keep your spirits up and to keep us up to date. The great thing about this system is that a) it makes sense, b) it really does work and c) you can start from the kind of house seen on hoarders tv programmes or the most minimalist of houses, its all about the individual rather than conforming to what someone else thinks you should do.

Im a bit of a "keeper" myself and find its for all sorts of reasons - i like it, i don't use it but i have had it for a long time, someone i know gave it to me as a present, it came from someone i love etc etc. Over time i have come to realise that none of this necessarily means i have to continue to keep it in my house. Lots of throwaway comments on here will just strike a note and resonate with you, for me one was that someone said something about no longer using their home as a warehouse to store things. I dont want to do that and whilst there is some money in the bank and shops selling things I dont need to keep stocks and stocks of "things". Maybe you will find some little nugget on here that just clicks. I have found that things i have held onto for years i have now been able to let go and i genuinely hope that someone else gets the use of them.

Good points about what to do with the things you want rid of. A lot of us have struggled with wanting to make sure we dont "waste" things and they must go to the perfect place or they cost a lot of money so they must still be worth something and have to be sold. In your case it sounds like you have too much stuff to start trying to do anything other than get things out of the house so, like others, i would recommend getting a box or bag, deciding on a category like others have said ie broken things, duplicates, definite recyclable/rubbish things that can go in your household waste buckets and like the signature in one of the posts above says "start where you stand" and just gather things together. Limit yourself to 15 minutes or so and then REMOVE IT. I feel that if you gather it then put it somewhere to go out later it will get swallowed up and you wont be any further forward. So take it straight out to the buckets, put it in the car (if you drive) and get it to the tip or the nearest charity shop the very next time you leave the house. Dont start with things you have to agonise over where to get rid of it to at the moment, you will be able to concentrate on that in time, at the moment you need to start clearing your feet.

Marie recommends categories and this is a great thing as if you can gather all your mugs together and see that you have 36 there is a good chance you can start to rate them in order of the ones that spark joy for different reasons and let some go - if they are all separate around the house you find reasons why you love each little group and keep them all however gathering does require space - the 9th square as mentioned above. So maybe in your case start at the most depressing bit - it appears to be your front door. Make the vestibule, porch then hall (or however you enter) a bit clearer and it will make coming home much nicer. Then you will have a space to start to sort and can tackle the living room then your bedroom so these areas feel better. This gives you even more space to begin clearing out the remaining rooms so i would say that you can ignore the traditional KM and just gather what you can reach within these first places, putting things you know to spark joy and that you want to keep into the other rooms for now. You will get to them eventually but for now concentrate on clearing some space.

I would use the time you have coming up to tackle larger areas but you could get started in a simple way the very next time you step into the house. And as others have said, start with your own stuff. So many people on here start their journey saying their other halves simply wont let go of anything but over time you begin to see little sentences creeping into their entries about OH clearing some area or tidying a category. It does seem to be catching.

Im sure this is a huge long post but i just wanted to particularly highlight this bit of your post "there's probably a large portion of feeling like it's not worth it because we can only renew the lease 6 months at a time and we don't feel settled in the area for many reasons". If i can just say, that there is a huge reason why it is exactly worth it. You moved into this house gradually but if your lease is not renewed you will be moving out in a oner. Do you really want to have to hire a large van, pack all this up, have to rent another 3 (or bigger) bedroomed house to unpack it all into ? Perhaps ask yourself that question every time you pick an item up - do i want this enough to store it here, pack it, transport it and unpack it in my next house ?

I dont doubt you have a huge task in front of you but it is doable. Try to see it as a challenge, an exciting time in your future together, in time relations with the child may improve and you would both want a nice house to have them visit, anything you can to mentally turn this insurmountable task into a surmountable one. It didn't all arrive in the house in 5 minutes, it wont all go in 5 minutes but it will go. Good luck with eating that elephant

Daisy xx
    "Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion" Take hold of every moment by anon

The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today
    • kittie
    • By kittie 9th Mar 18, 8:01 AM
    • 11,627 Posts
    • 72,267 Thanks
    wow, I love the helpful posts to papillon, particularly the low hanging apples concept. I bet someone pinches the nitty gritty and writes a magazine article

I need the cleaning mojo to re-appear, two upstairs rooms next on my list but one is my sewing room and I need to open the door first. I am not forcing myself, I have to be in the mood when it involves MK.

I have too many pillows, all good ones that don`t bend over my forearm. Ok where they are for now but I think at some stage I will do a count and place them all on the landing and then ask dds. They do take up too much space tbh. Its not about that MK feeling, more about practicalities in this case
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 9th Mar 18, 9:31 AM
    • 28,759 Posts
    • 163,035 Thanks
    Taking in the genealogy papers from my mother has had one interesting result for my own stuff. In amongst her artwork from her teenage years were two hand written school essays! I scanned them, just like everything else, but I only read the first sentence. And this is from my mother, who died less than 18 months ago. When it comes to *my* stuff, I still have too much academic paperwork, even though I've let so much go. And I'm not anyone's mother, I'm just the auntie, to the next generation. My stuff is going to go out at the next recycling collection!
    Retired August 2016
    • kittie
    • By kittie 9th Mar 18, 9:54 AM
    • 11,627 Posts
    • 72,267 Thanks
    doh, silly me. I already did the pillows but having pulled everything down from top airing cupboard shelf and top wardrobe in one room, I did re-discover a big slope for sleeping on, good for night heartburn but such a big angle that it affected my shoulder. I don`t need such a slope anymore, can do it with pillows.

It is a really big wedge so removing it enables me to completely clear the wardrobe shelf and foam wedge is waiting in the car. I like clearing top shelves, makes me feel as though there is visible progress. I just looked in every top kitchen cupboard and 4 have empty top shelves and the garage top shelves are all empty and so is the top shelf in sewing room wardrobe and main bedroom wardrobe only contains good travel bags for packing for removals. What progress!!! main bedroom wardrobe top shelf used to be stuffed to the high ceiling

I am a bit dithery now, have a kitchen mandolin, used it a lot when slicing potatoes for dehydrating, also apples but have not used it for two years and I also have a biscuit maker with nozzles, ie it pushes the dough out into blobs but I make perfectly good blobs with a teaspoon. Ok, writing helps, they are going and one more empty top shelf appears oh and that electric potato masher, I don`t eat potatoes and have a metal masher. Why did I buy these things? I know, it was the endorphic effect of getting parcels, that unexplained feelgood factor, now happily replaced with the much nicer giveaway feelgood factor

karmacat, I hit similar feelings a few weeks ago and quickly shredded all the letters from hubbie to me, too personal for anyone else
    • daisy 1571
    • By daisy 1571 9th Mar 18, 10:11 AM
    • 265 Posts
    • 3,232 Thanks
    daisy 1571
    Taking in the genealogy papers from my mother has had one interesting result for my own stuff. In amongst her artwork from her teenage years were two hand written school essays! I scanned them, just like everything else, but I only read the first sentence. And this is from my mother, who died less than 18 months ago. When it comes to *my* stuff, I still have too much academic paperwork, even though I've let so much go. And I'm not anyone's mother, I'm just the auntie, to the next generation. My stuff is going to go out at the next recycling collection!
    Originally posted by Karmacat
    Kc I have a cartoon stuck up on a cupboard door - a mouse asking a chap what he's doing. Chap replies he's updating his list of all the books he's read in his entire life. Mouse, in the next box and with a perplexed face says, just so you know, you don't get a prize when you die. Chap in the last box says please don't deny me the tricks I use to give my life meaning. And the mouse responds And noone wants the stuff you save in the attic.

It makes me laugh especially that last line (said in a sarcastic mousey fashion in my head) but it has served to remind me, also childless, that likely nieces or nephews will be clearing my stuff. Or a clearance firm. And no one will understand why on earth I kept some of the stuff I have. It has certainly helped me decide about some things that it can go. I definitely have identified fairly recently that I personally keep some things just to 'prove' I existed (like the chap noting all the books he has read - i can sort of identify with this need to document my life) I wonder if parents don't need that quite as much as they have the proof in their descendants.

Just a random thought for today sparked by your post.

Anyhoo, during the snow I spring cleaned the living room. Amalgamated, cs'd, chucked random paperwork that had been stuffed into drawers years ago rather than bucketed at the time, dusted, rearranged etc etc. Managed to clear a waist high bookcase which saves me buying one for my anatomy books which I have wanted to store in my treatment room. Has meant all those books are now in the correct space and they have left behind empty space in my craft cupboard bookcase. So glad now I didn't buy the bookcase I saw a few weeks ago as it turns out (as per km doctrines) I didn't actually need it as I had what i needed all along. Treatment room looking v professional now imho.

"Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion" Take hold of every moment by anon

The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today
    • wort
    • By wort 9th Mar 18, 10:36 AM
    • 639 Posts
    • 9,175 Thanks
    Papillon welcome, very good advice here, my view from reading your post would be have you got too much furniture/big items, from moving in from 2 homes, if so deciding which is better quality or more attractive etc. And removing the others would give a big impact.
    I can understand that it's hard to start particularly if things are in boxes. If you can get one or two rooms looking "normal" then it will inspire you onwards, especially a room you spend a lot of time in, such as your living room, it's hard to relax with stuff piled round you that detracts you from settling.
    If you haven't the book and can't get it from the library, then you tube has videos, and this thread is very inspiring.
    I've done kondoing but coming on here makes me want to do more! I'm quite minimal and tidy now, I wasn't when I started. It's a wonderful feeling to remove clutter, it makes your whole being feel lighter,and less stressed.
    So good luck and happy kondo.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 9th Mar 18, 1:05 PM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 11,566 Thanks
    I got some paperwork from the vet yesterday and I went through the pet box and realised I had a big sheaf of papers that could go into the recycling.
    2018: Simplify your life
    Books Read 16/60
    • PollyWollyDoodle
    • By PollyWollyDoodle 9th Mar 18, 2:42 PM
    • 901 Posts
    • 22,271 Thanks
    Daisy thank you for describing that cartoon 'you don't get a prize when you die' - think that really sums it up for me!

Kittie, I've got one of those biscuit presses. Now, I do make biscuits weekly, but I'd have to admit that it rarely gets used, it's much easier to make a recipe where you just dollop the mixture out with a spoon. I've also got a mandolin slicer ... Can't remember the last time I used it, as a sharp knife is quicker and easier! Time to revisit my cupboards.

It's amazing how stuff that's been 'stuck' can suddenly move again; my spare room had become clogged with things. I needed to clear it so the new cat can go in there - twenty minutes saw all the Christmas boxes replaced in the loft, to be fair they're a bit heavy for me and I'd been waiting for a suitable visitor, but managed it on my own. The spare duvet, which was covered in hair by Old Cat, has been waiting for months because I couldn't decide whether to take it to the launderette myself, or get it laundered at the dry-cleaners. Seriously, it's taken me months to make that decision! It's now at the cleaners; worth the extra cost just to get it moving.

An invisible cat is now living in the spare room. It eats, uses the litter tray and howls in the night, but so far I haven't seen it since I brought it home yesterday. I'm sure it'll come out soon!
    "Inconceivable". "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
    • luxor4t
    • By luxor4t 9th Mar 18, 3:56 PM
    • 10,051 Posts
    • 36,217 Thanks
    Yesterday I had a lovely time passing things on:
    - pens/ highlighters to the school I used to work in
    - a bag of craft stuff to the CS
    - vintage china plates etc to a charity that is setting up an 'afternoon tea' fundraiser
    - a parcel of fabric to a quilting friend
    - all the equipment the hospital loaned me to aid recovery from my surgery.

I can feel the space gained in the house!
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,222Posts Today

7,114Users online

Martin's Twitter