Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Heedtheadvice
    • By Heedtheadvice 13th Jan 18, 8:41 PM
    • 681Posts
    • 334Thanks
    Heedtheadvice
    Win 10 multiple logins ????...there was only me!
    • 13th Jan 18, 8:41 PM
    Win 10 multiple logins ????...there was only me! 13th Jan 18 at 8:41 PM
    Just started recently (passed week or so) when logged in as a user, finished activities, closed windows, and come to 'shut down' (fully not sleep) seem to frequently get the message that another user is still logged in "Someone else is still using this PC....." etc.

Cannot fathom out why. Happens even though from switch on/boot only one user has been logged in (though it may be that admin login has been used sometimes to run things that need admin rights like a fresh install of Malwarebytes this evening).

This afternoon I went through a process, having had the message, and logged in/out as all users in turn and all was fine...until this evening's session!

Have done a virus scan and also run Malwarebytes and nothing untoward showing up. There are three user account plus admin and it does not seem to matter which user account is 'active' at the time of the error message.

Any ideas?
    Also when logged in as admin is it possible to see who else is supposedly logged in too?

TIA
Page 1
    • esuhl
    • By esuhl 13th Jan 18, 8:55 PM
    • 7,815 Posts
    • 5,612 Thanks
    esuhl
    • 13th Jan 18, 8:55 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 8:55 PM
    I don't use Win10, but some services are often run under as a user with limited privileges for security reasons.

It sounds like there's a service that has crashed (or simply takes a long time to shut down) that is running under a different user account.

Maybe looking at a list of usernames on your system, or the task run by all users in task manager will help work out what's going on...?
    • Lorian
    • By Lorian 13th Jan 18, 8:58 PM
    • 4,198 Posts
    • 2,326 Thanks
    Lorian
    • 13th Jan 18, 8:58 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 8:58 PM
    When it happens run task manager and click on the "users" tab. you'll see who's logged in.

(you can press ctrl-alt-delete and select Task Manager)

its the sort of indication that should be properly looked in to.7

make sure all the user account on the machine are known to you, and maybe change passwords as a precaution.
    • Lorian
    • By Lorian 13th Jan 18, 9:13 PM
    • 4,198 Posts
    • 2,326 Thanks
    Lorian
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:13 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:13 PM
    You could also look at log-on events in the past.

Start Event Viewer and look under:

Windows Logs -> Security
    • Heedtheadvice
    • By Heedtheadvice 14th Jan 18, 12:11 PM
    • 681 Posts
    • 334 Thanks
    Heedtheadvice
    • 14th Jan 18, 12:11 PM
    • 14th Jan 18, 12:11 PM
    Thanks for those posts (I must be getting very forgetful !)
    I should be able to clarify if and then identify if second user is logged in....or it is something else!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,009Posts Today

9,871Users online

Martin's Twitter