Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fluke13
    • By fluke13 13th Jan 18, 5:10 PM
    • 81Posts
    • 10Thanks
    fluke13
    PIP review experiences wanted
    • 13th Jan 18, 5:10 PM
    PIP review experiences wanted 13th Jan 18 at 5:10 PM
    I have sent my PIP review form off with relavent paperwork and i would like to get some of your experiences with this process.
    Has anyone had an increase/decrease of benefit without a F2F?
    General outcomes for example have people had to go to tribunal etc.
    Thanks
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 13th Jan 18, 6:21 PM
    • 1,898 Posts
    • 1,753 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 13th Jan 18, 6:21 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 6:21 PM
    I have sent my PIP review form off with relavent paperwork and i would like to get some of your experiences with this process.
    Has anyone had an increase/decrease of benefit without a F2F?
    General outcomes for example have people had to go to tribunal etc.
    Thanks
    Originally posted by fluke13
    It's rare to have a paper based decision, even at review. I would advice you to expect an assessment.

The process is the same as the first time, the only difference with a review is the shortened form. Times vary depending on back log in your area.

My review was just over a year ago, i had another assessment. Time from sending off form to decision was approx 4 months. Some wait long, while other less. Good luck.
    • bluebluecow
    • By bluebluecow 13th Jan 18, 11:08 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 100 Thanks
    bluebluecow
    • 13th Jan 18, 11:08 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 11:08 PM
    I had a review this yr. Was shocked when I got the same award as before and didn't have to have a face to face.
    I also didn't supply any evidence baring my writing getting worse. (Have eds and when I write for a whole my writing gets really bad as fingers and thumbs start to pop out.)
    I don't know wether when I had my 1st review I had a face to face at home with a lovely nurse who read about my condition and when she started some of the tests went to push down on my wrist as I push up and my wrist dislocated so she never tested anything else. So don't know if she wrote up a good review.
    I also went from never being able to get dla to being able to get pip. Condition has got worse as I get older.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,210Posts Today

9,629Users online

Martin's Twitter