Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stulaunch
    • By stulaunch 13th Jan 18, 4:11 PM
    • 434Posts
    • 70Thanks
    stulaunch
    Unknown incident on Car insurance renewal
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:11 PM
    Unknown incident on Car insurance renewal 13th Jan 18 at 4:11 PM
    I've just moved car insurance to AA.

Had a letter this morning asking me to pay an extra £15 because I didn't disclose a claim from 2014. They were advised this from the 'claims and underwriting exchange database check'

Trouble is there wasn't any claim or incident on the date given. The Insurance company named was Elite Insurance, who I have never heard of. Not sure if they are brokers or not. But I've certainly never been insured by them.

Rang AA and they said it's nothing to do with them, so it's for me to sort it out. They wouldn't give me any information on who to go to to help me sort it out.

I've never had anything else regarding this in any of the following changes of Insurance since. I have Separate Van and Car insurance and change every year. So not even sure which policy this incident occurred on.

Does anybody have any advice for me to sort this out? As they have given me 10 days to pay extra or I presume they will cancel my insurance.

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Jan 18, 4:15 PM
    • 34,064 Posts
    • 17,998 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:15 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:15 PM
    Contact CUE to get this removed
    • stulaunch
    • By stulaunch 13th Jan 18, 4:42 PM
    • 434 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    stulaunch
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:42 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:42 PM
    Contact CUE to get this removed
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Ok thanks. I have found a number, goes to answer phone, I'll try tomorrow. Any idea if this can be sorted out over phone? With data protection and all that.
    • missile
    • By missile 13th Jan 18, 4:47 PM
    • 9,137 Posts
    • 4,469 Thanks
    missile
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:47 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:47 PM
    Trouble is there wasn't any claim or incident on the date given. The Insurance company named was Elite Insurance, who I have never heard of.
    Originally posted by stulaunch
    See here > http://www.elite-insurance.co.uk/
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Jan 18, 4:58 PM
    • 34,064 Posts
    • 17,998 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:58 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:58 PM
    Ok thanks. I have found a number, goes to answer phone, I'll try tomorrow. Any idea if this can be sorted out over phone? With data protection and all that.
    Originally posted by stulaunch
    They should be able to advise you how to go about getting your record corrected without troubling data protection rules
    • stulaunch
    • By stulaunch 15th Jan 18, 4:15 PM
    • 434 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    stulaunch
    • 15th Jan 18, 4:15 PM
    • 15th Jan 18, 4:15 PM
    Well, just got to the bottom of this. It was a Windscreen claim in 2014.
    I honestly didn't realise that you had to list this when filling out insurance quote. In fact, I had forgotten all about it.
    I hadn't put it in any subsequent renewals.

I know now!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,587Posts Today

5,782Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin