Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sally1000
    • By Sally1000 13th Jan 18, 1:37 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sally1000
    Payments into NS&I
    • 13th Jan 18, 1:37 PM
    Payments into NS&I 13th Jan 18 at 1:37 PM
    Quick question... I will have some residue over from the sale of my house, and want the solicitor to pay direct into my NS&I Direct Saver. It's slightly more complicated because it has to be paid into NS&I holding acct, and my account number put in as the reference. Am I right in assuming this information is correct (I have had contrasting information from NS&I), and has anyone experienced this process? Many thanks for an interesting and informative forum Martin and Co!
Page 1
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 13th Jan 18, 2:10 PM
    • 24,049 Posts
    • 14,060 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 13th Jan 18, 2:10 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 2:10 PM
    https://www.nsandi.com/files/published_files/asset/pdf/direct-saver-brochure.pdf

https://www.nsandi.com/can-i-buy-bank-transfer-or-regular-standing-order

Direct Saver

All your deposits must be from a UK bank account in your own name.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 13th Jan 18, 4:11 PM
    • 19,177 Posts
    • 14,841 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:11 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:11 PM
    I put money from a house sale into a Direct Saver account and there was no need to go through a NS&I holding account, I simply did Faster Payments directly into the Direct Saver, although that was from another of my own accounts so I was compliant with the rule that xylaphone has posted. This was a few years ago so it's possible that it's changed since then - I no longer use the account, although it is still open.
    • capital0ne
    • By capital0ne 13th Jan 18, 4:32 PM
    • 267 Posts
    • 133 Thanks
    capital0ne
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:32 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 4:32 PM
    I pay into mine by debit card in my own name from my own current account
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,684Posts Today

9,236Users online

Martin's Twitter