Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• LydiaJ
    • By LydiaJ 13th Jan 18, 12:14 PM
    • 7,675Posts
    • 70,097Thanks
    Samsung update difficulties
    • 13th Jan 18, 12:14 PM
    Samsung update difficulties 13th Jan 18 at 12:14 PM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016). It has recently updated its operating system to Android 7.0, and I'm having trouble with text messages.

I prefer to have my contacts sorted by surname, so I have the settings that way. It's fine in the native Android Contacts widget. It's fine if I go to Phone and then tap Contacts. But if I open the text messages thing, and then tap Contacts, it shows them ordered by first name. I can't work out how to change that.

Secondly, if I do tap on a contact, and then tap on Message, it defaults to sending the text to the person's landline. It never used to do that before the update. In theory I could go through each person and change the default phone number to the mobile, but like most people, I've got a lot of contacts, and I'd rather not. Is there any way to tell it that when sending text messages, default to the mobile number? It seems such an obvious thing - who wants to text people's landlines, anyway?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
    Do you know anyone who's bereaved? Point them to which does for bereavement support what MSE does for financial services, providing links to support organisations relevant to the circumstances of the loss & the local area. (Link permitted by forum team)
    Tyre performance in the wet deteriorates rapidly below about 3mm tread - change yours when they get dangerous, not just when they are nearly illegal (1.6mm).
    Oh, and wear your seatbelt. My kids are only alive because they were wearing theirs when somebody else was driving in wet weather with worn tyres.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,957Posts Today

7,912Users online

Martin's Twitter