Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 13th Jan 18, 2:44 AM
    • 5,717Posts
    • 2,629Thanks
    LeeUK
    ANPR Car Park Cameras
    • 13th Jan 18, 2:44 AM
    ANPR Car Park Cameras 13th Jan 18 at 2:44 AM
    What happens if you drive into a car park with a ParkingEye (or similar) ANPR camera, then take off your number plate and drive out... Will you be logged on the system as being parked there indefinitely?

Page 1
    • treboeth
    • By treboeth 13th Jan 18, 5:49 AM
    • 948 Posts
    • 1,054 Thanks
    treboeth
    • 13th Jan 18, 5:49 AM
    • 13th Jan 18, 5:49 AM
    Late night drinking??

Why would you want to do such a thing?
    • giraffe69
    • By giraffe69 13th Jan 18, 9:31 AM
    • 2,246 Posts
    • 1,965 Thanks
    giraffe69
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:31 AM
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:31 AM
    Might be best to take it off before you enter.
    • Joe Horner
    • By Joe Horner 13th Jan 18, 9:48 AM
    • 4,233 Posts
    • 3,703 Thanks
    Joe Horner
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:48 AM
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:48 AM
    What happens if you drive into a car park with a ParkingEye (or similar) ANPR camera, then take off your number plate and drive out... Will you be logged on the system as being parked there indefinitely?

Originally posted by LeeUK
    You could do circuits. Drive in, remove plate, drive out, refit plate, drive in, remove plate, rinse and repeat until bored.

For extra entertainment, take a selection of wigs, hats, and distinctive spectacles with you
    • waamo
    • By waamo 13th Jan 18, 10:41 AM
    • 2,274 Posts
    • 2,734 Thanks
    waamo
    • 13th Jan 18, 10:41 AM
    • 13th Jan 18, 10:41 AM
    You could appeal to POPLA saying you weren’t overstaying in car park A as you were busy overstaying in car park B.
    This space for hire.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 13th Jan 18, 10:48 AM
    • 8,091 Posts
    • 8,486 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 13th Jan 18, 10:48 AM
    • 13th Jan 18, 10:48 AM
    a member at pepipoo decided to test out the ANPR system used by a "not so" smart parking Co , this company state that after collecting images , 18 different checks are done to check accuraccy

Yes , the chap got an invoice thru his door

the Vehicle?

this was a shopping trolly with a spare number plate hung on it

oh how we laughed when he scanned the invoice and posted the in/out pics
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 13th Jan 18, 11:29 AM
    • 5,717 Posts
    • 2,629 Thanks
    LeeUK
    • 13th Jan 18, 11:29 AM
    • 13th Jan 18, 11:29 AM
    Late night drinking??
    Originally posted by treboeth
    No drinking unless you count energy drinks.

Why would you want to do such a thing?
    I was reading a post on my company FB group where someone had visited a car park twice in 2 days but had received an invoice in the post claiming they had overstayed 21 hours. The photos on the invoice was of them entering the car park on the first visit but the exiting photo was from the second visit. the rules where the usual 2 hour limit no return within 2 hours etc.

For some reason after I read that I thought of doing this trick.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 13th Jan 18, 11:42 AM
    • 8,091 Posts
    • 8,486 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 13th Jan 18, 11:42 AM
    • 13th Jan 18, 11:42 AM
    No drinking unless you count energy drinks.

I was reading a post on my company FB group where someone had visited a car park twice in 2 days but had received an invoice in the post claiming they had overstayed 21 hours. The photos on the invoice was of them entering the car park on the first visit but the exiting photo was from the second visit. the rules where the usual 2 hour limit no return within 2 hours etc.

For some reason after I read that I thought of doing this trick.
    Originally posted by LeeUK

if you go to the parking ticket sub forum , and search for double dip , you will find thousands of said instances

a random casec where the motorist had to go out of his way and ended in a cc case , http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/bw-legal-incompetence-in-pursuing.html
    • ElefantEd
    • By ElefantEd 13th Jan 18, 3:37 PM
    • 559 Posts
    • 1,032 Thanks
    ElefantEd
    • 13th Jan 18, 3:37 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 3:37 PM
    It would be better to take the plates off, drve in, then put the plates on and drive back out, because logically they would then owe you money.
    • EdGasketTheSecond
    • By EdGasketTheSecond 13th Jan 18, 9:45 PM
    • 380 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    EdGasketTheSecond
    It would be better to take the plates off, drve in, then put the plates on and drive back out, because logically they would then owe you money.
    Originally posted by ElefantEd
    Not at all. Logically there is only a charge; never any payment to customers so they would never owe the customer money in any scenario.
    • vikingaero
    • By vikingaero 14th Jan 18, 8:54 AM
    • 10,353 Posts
    • 13,060 Thanks
    vikingaero
    a member at pepipoo decided to test out the ANPR system used by a "not so" smart parking Co , this company state that after collecting images , 18 different checks are done to check accuraccy

Yes , the chap got an invoice thru his door

the Vehicle?

this was a shopping trolly with a spare number plate hung on it

oh how we laughed when he scanned the invoice and posted the in/out pics
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    Isn't this what we need to do? A mass movement to run number plates on trollies at every site. The DVLA will be cash rich with £2.50 requests and the Scam Parking Companies will be bankrupt.
    The man without a signature.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

561Posts Today

5,067Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Always fun to speak to @ChrisEvans on radio - at the speed we both go - we could do an hours's show in 15minutes.

• RT @benpostma: After watching @MartinSLewis I took my faulty trainers back to where I bought them from, with no receipt just a screen shot?

• RT @Louloubell1980: @MartinSLewis My little 3yr old and his Auntie on Christmas Eve....4 days after she donated her Kidney to him x https:/?

• Follow Martin