Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Oliviasmom
    • By Oliviasmom 12th Jan 18, 11:49 PM
    • 38Posts
    • 21Thanks
    Oliviasmom
    Relationship spilt- ownership of caravan
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:49 PM
    Relationship spilt- ownership of caravan 12th Jan 18 at 11:49 PM
    Myself and my ex-partner have recently spilt. During the time of our relationship we had the chance to buy a caravan. We didn't have the funds so my parents bought it for us. They paid £3k-£1800 for the caravan and £1200 for ground rent, this was a deal so couldn't have paid one without the other. A month later my partner took out a loan, he gave my parents £1800. After the year of buying it we had to then pay ground rent monthly of £100. This was from my ex partners bank account, but part of our household bills.

My parents fitted new floors, bathroom suite and blinds amongst other things.

Now we have spilt my ex is claiming he owns the entire
    Caravan. I suggested we pay £50 a month each towards rent and liaise with each other about times spent for holidays.

Can anyone advise if this is 50/50 ownership or do you think he solely owns it?

I have receipts for electric bills, rates and insurance for caravan is in my name?

Any advice?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,294Posts Today

9,735Users online

Martin's Twitter