Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• t24seven
    • By t24seven 12th Jan 18, 8:13 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    HELP Bank of Scotland PPI settlement figures
    • 12th Jan 18, 8:13 PM
    HELP Bank of Scotland PPI settlement figures 12th Jan 18 at 8:13 PM
    Hi everyone,

Just got a settlement letter from Bank of Scotland, it's not a great deal of money (£200), I wanted to check with the experts as to the explanations and figures in the working out of the PPI refund.

A section in the letter says:

Ai - The cost of the single premium PPI policy added to the loan (N/A for regular premiun PPI policies) - £105.63
    Aii - Rows Aii and Aiii Upheld decisions only - PPI premiums to be refunded - £17.61
    Aiii - Debit interest on Aii - £2.05

Aiv - Total PPI premiums with interest (Rows Aii+Aiii) - £19.66

Now what is confusing me is the above is laid out in a table with the figures to the right....... the first row Ai, total of £105.63 does not appear to be added anywhere, what is this figure?
    If this was a sum paid at the start of the loan then why is this not included in row Aiv?

Any help will be much appreciated
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,979Posts Today

7,474Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @BradsMrs: Thanks @MartinSLewis for your oh so helpful advice on your website about re-claimjng PPI. Just received a cheque for £1700 ????#?

• RT @XenaBombina: @MartinSLewis Thank you so much for the SWI advice on This Morning today. I have been in a state of near-debilitating anxi?

• Wow miracles do happen. I've done a political twitter poll today and (so far) no one has attacked me after confusi?

• Follow Martin