Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• By POPPYOSCAR 12th Jan 18, 8:01 PM
    • 11,113Posts
    • 23,202Thanks
    Hospital Parking Charges - Scandalous!!!!
    • 12th Jan 18, 8:01 PM
    Hospital Parking Charges - Scandalous!!!! 12th Jan 18 at 8:01 PM
    I just have to vent about this.

It is cheaper to park to go shopping than it is to visit a sick relative or attend an appointment in hospital.

My brother has been in hospital for seven weeks now. He has now been moved and the car park charges are even higher than the last one.

My SIL is already worried about their finances and tying to save money wherever she can. She was with him most of the day while he was settled into the new hospital. It cost her £10 in the car park. Even just two hours is £3 while it is 90p to park in the town centre to go shopping.

She is trying to hold down her job and spend as much time with him as she can and is under a great deal of stress.At this rate she may well end up in there as well.

She is having to park away from the hospital and walk over 20 mins each way.

This is so so wrong.
Page 2
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 13th Jan 18, 10:06 PM
    • 3,489 Posts
    • 7,198 Thanks
    Our teaching hospital, the RD & E in Exeter is not far from the centre of town. There are also courts and branches of the University fairly close. If they scrapped all charges then it is possible that the patients and visitors wouldnít be able to park at all. Donít know what the solution is though.

You can park for free for 20 minutes to drop people off/collect them and patients with long term issues such as cancer can park for free.

I agree that paying in advance is annoying when you canít accurately know how long you are going to be. I had a gynaecologist appointment and was told on the letter it would take 3/4 hours so we paid accordingly. It took just over an hour. . Nice that the NHS were efficient but I could have saved money
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 14th Jan 18, 8:00 AM
    • 15,883 Posts
    • 11,894 Thanks
    Itís unfair that your Sil should have this added stress.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,633Posts Today

9,238Users online

Martin's Twitter