Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scottreid11
    • By scottreid11 12th Jan 18, 7:56 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    scottreid11
    Remortgage or secure loan?
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:56 PM
    Remortgage or secure loan? 12th Jan 18 at 7:56 PM
    My wife and I are both 28 and own our current house outright at a value of £165K. We are looking to move and upsize to a house worth £255K and as we are planning to move before having permenant jobs secured (initial jobs will be temporary contacts) and an initial mortgage is not an option, my wifeís mother has offered to lend us the extra £90K which we will then pay back through (hopefully?) a remortgage (even though we donít have a mortgage?) or a secured loan against the house.
    So my question is, which of these would be the best option given our situation, and what are the monthly repayment likely to be over a 25 year period when borrowing this amount of money?

Many thanks
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,686Posts Today

7,969Users online

Martin's Twitter