Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• mclerne
    • By mclerne 12th Jan 18, 3:42 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mortgage/Equity Release
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:42 PM
    Mortgage/Equity Release 12th Jan 18 at 3:42 PM
    About 30 years ago my Mum built an extension, basically a 2 bedroomed house, onto her house for me and my sons to move into. Planning at time wouldn’t allow for 2 separate properties so both parts are classed as one house.
    Sadly my Mum died last year and I have inherited the whole property. Our idea was that my son could move into her house and release some equity so I could have some financial stability. Property has no mortgage.
    Now to decide on best way to do this.
    Life Time Morgages are scaring me slightly as I worry that by the time I die (I am 63) so much Interest will have accumulated that my son will inherit nothing.
    Also wondering if he could get a mortgage and I put a % of house in his name. Is this possible?
    Any advice you could give me?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,791Posts Today

6,818Users online

Martin's Twitter