Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • the_quick
    • By the_quick 12th Jan 18, 2:52 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 6Thanks
    the_quick
    Shared Ownership - Large Share
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:52 PM
    Shared Ownership - Large Share 12th Jan 18 at 2:52 PM
    Hello

I just wonder if someone has been in similar situation.

We own 65% share in our flat, and are preparing to sale it, it gained quite nicely in value since bought it.

And we wondering if we will have trouble selling it, because it is quite large share? I think most people have shares between 30-50%.
    Share comes to more than £100k.

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Toucan_toucan
    • By Toucan_toucan 12th Jan 18, 3:12 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Toucan_toucan
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:12 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:12 PM
    I guess the question is - what else is available in the area at £120k or so? Also, are there new shared ownership flats on the market offering lower shares?

I live in a shared ownership flat, and in our block people have struggled to sell shares of over 50% but less than 100%, but that's largely because we're in London so the prices are really high - people would rather save for a couple more years and buy somewhere outright than part with significant amounts of money for 60-70% shares.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,806Posts Today

8,581Users online

Martin's Twitter