Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • roscoe3
    • By roscoe3 12th Jan 18, 2:15 PM
    • 733Posts
    • 283Thanks
    roscoe3
    Parcelforce reject claim
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:15 PM
    Parcelforce reject claim 12th Jan 18 at 2:15 PM
    Hi all,

Parcelforce are rejecting my claim for compensation on a damaged item I sent to a buyer through ebay.

• The item was ceramic dishes
    • Sent through Express48 delivery (with apparently £100 of cover)
    • Received by the buyer broken
    Pictures have been provided by myself showing my packaging and the item as being sold on ebay. Myself and the buyer have provided pictures of the damaged item. I have also given proof of posting and the paypal transaction. The item was sent in its original packaging and box i.e fully bubblewrapped, I overlayed the box with packaging tape and marked fragile on the box. All this is clearly visible on the photos.

I have since refunded the buyer £25 fully expecting to be refunded by PF. They have given no reason why they have refused my claim, only sent me their T&C's. Searching on this board would suggest they don't cover ceramic items (I've not fully read t&c's as yet).

By appealing is it likely I am going to get anywhere? If I'm not covered due to ceramic items is this unfair contract terms? Basically, I've contracted PF do deliver a service for which I believe I've taken more than adequate steps to protect the items and they have failed to deliver on the contract.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Page 1
    • bris
    • By bris 12th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    • 7,202 Posts
    • 6,224 Thanks
    bris
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/items-we-exclude-compensation

It's pretty clear than ceramics aren't covered, you send at your own risk. It's not new, and something that you could have looked into before sending very easly.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 12th Jan 18, 2:42 PM
    • 19,140 Posts
    • 14,821 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:42 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 2:42 PM
    (I've not fully read t&c's as yet).
    Originally posted by roscoe3
    The time to do that is before you decide whether to use the service. I don't think you have any chance of getting your money back.
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 12th Jan 18, 3:27 PM
    • 3,551 Posts
    • 6,105 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:27 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 3:27 PM
    If you bought them from a shop then the box and packaging they came in would almost certainly not be suitable for sending via courier, when items are sent into shops they are secured on pallets, in roll cages, or in tote boxes so the packaging doesn’t need to be of the same level as being sent as a single item via courier.

A bit of bubble wrap and a box is not enough protection for ceramic items to be posted in.
    • bris
    • By bris 12th Jan 18, 5:42 PM
    • 7,202 Posts
    • 6,224 Thanks
    bris
    • 12th Jan 18, 5:42 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 5:42 PM
    You have to also remember putting fragile on the packaging is like a red rag to a bull at the sorting office.
    • bazzyb
    • By bazzyb 12th Jan 18, 6:47 PM
    • 1,080 Posts
    • 3,211 Thanks
    bazzyb
    • 12th Jan 18, 6:47 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 6:47 PM

By appealing is it likely I am going to get anywhere?
    No.

If I'm not covered due to ceramic items is this unfair contract terms?
    No.
    • roscoe3
    • By roscoe3 12th Jan 18, 7:03 PM
    • 733 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    roscoe3
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:03 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 7:03 PM
    Cheers for responses. All pretty clear.

Lesson learnt.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,819Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin