Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • harz99
    • By harz99 12th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    • 2,608Posts
    • 2,538Thanks
    harz99
    Faulty Moto G5plus mobile phone.
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    Faulty Moto G5plus mobile phone. 12th Jan 18 at 12:43 PM
    Hi, back in May '17 I bought the above phone new and sim free from Carphone Warehouse with a 2 year warranty.

It worked perfectly up to November '17, at which point it started firstly dropping the phone signal and refusing to reconnect without being turned off and rebooted, secondly it also started frequently dropping the wifi connection at home or elsewhere.

Shortly after Christmas I went back to the CPW shop I bought from, they pointed me to Motorola and returning direct to them for repair which I did.

Having had the phone back for a week, although the phone signal seems steady, the wifi connectivity has gone back to being as bad as previously and I know its not my router etc. as my old Samsung S3 maintains continuous wifi connection with no problems.

Can I return the phone to CPW as faulty and insisit they deal with it via replacement or am I going to be stuck in a continuous loop of returning for repair until the warranty finally runs out?

Advice gratefully received.
Page 3
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 11th Feb 18, 8:03 PM
    • 3,941 Posts
    • 3,996 Thanks
    DoaM
    Did you buy direct from Motorola? That letter needs to be sent to whomsoever you purchased from.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • hightara
    • By hightara 11th Feb 18, 8:29 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    hightara
    DoaM..... mine was directly purchased from motorola.uk........ harz99 through carephonewarehouse
    I have been through resolver until it could help no more. So I thought a letter before action?

thank you
    • harz99
    • By harz99 12th Feb 18, 5:05 PM
    • 2,608 Posts
    • 2,538 Thanks
    harz99
    Well although I haven't exhausted Resolver yet, with CPW not having responded to my first level of escalation, I decided to send an S75 letter to my credit card provider a week ago today.

Guess what - no response, currently waiting for one to an electronic message I sent today to the CC provider, which got an auto response so at least I know it got there!
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Feb 18, 5:51 PM
    • 19,416 Posts
    • 10,526 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    I have been through resolver until it could help no more.
    Originally posted by hightara
    I haven't exhausted Resolver yet,
    Originally posted by harz99
    Resolver is just an E-Mail template. The same (lack of) result could have been achieved by simply contacting the company direct.

In the same way, Martin Lewis's name may still be used on this website, but he is no longer involved in it's day-to-day running. He sold the site a few years back but even prior to that didn't respond to forum posts.
    • hightara
    • By hightara 12th Feb 18, 6:29 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    hightara
    thank you Moneyineptitude,
    I have also been in contact with the company directly along side Resolver.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Feb 18, 6:42 PM
    • 19,416 Posts
    • 10,526 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    I have also been in contact with the company directly along side Resolver.
    Originally posted by hightara
    Yes, I've read your (long) story and it seems to me that you have no other alternative than to simply wait for the refund to reach your account. I can't personally see any reason for the delay, particularly as they appear to be blaming PayPal for this. The company are clearly determined not to circumvent their processes in your case, but have you thought of contacting PayPal? PayPal won't refund you, but they might exert some influence over Lenovo/Motorala to expedite your refund.

I'm guessing you have also used Twitter and Facebook to highlight the situation?

To be honest, though, I think you'll just continue forlornly complaining on forums etc until the money is paid in the timescale they originally quoted. Court proceedings (if it came to that) would take significantly longer than the six-seven weeks you've been quoted for refund.
    Last edited by Moneyineptitude; 12-02-2018 at 6:50 PM.
    • harz99
    • By harz99 14th Feb 18, 6:43 PM
    • 2,608 Posts
    • 2,538 Thanks
    harz99
    Resolver escalation has now brought me contact from the CEOs office at CPW, we may be getting somewhere...
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 15th Feb 18, 12:05 AM
    • 19,416 Posts
    • 10,526 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Resolver escalation has now brought me contact from the CEOs office at CPW, we may be getting somewhere...
    Originally posted by harz99
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,571Posts Today

9,196Users online

Martin's Twitter