Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TG54321
    • By TG54321 12th Jan 18, 12:03 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    TG54321
    0 WOW
    Florida Multi Park Tickets
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:03 PM
    0 WOW
    Florida Multi Park Tickets 12th Jan 18 at 12:03 PM
    Hi, going to Florida for 7 days for 1st time in March18 (before go Mexico) and want to seek advice on park tickets and best places to get them. Kids (13 and 10 year old) want to do all parks, Disney, Universal, Water Parks and Animal Parks and a day of shopping. When looking around if I get all its so expensive, is there a cheaper way of doing it????? all help is much appreciated.
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 12th Jan 18, 1:12 PM
    • 8,041 Posts
    • 8,237 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 12th Jan 18, 1:12 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 1:12 PM
    Then the Sticky is just the thing for you - have a good read.
    • izzitme
    • By izzitme 12th Jan 18, 9:38 PM
    • 339 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    izzitme
    • 12th Jan 18, 9:38 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 9:38 PM
    Take a look here.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122
    Going down the Oteley Road to see the Shrewsbury aces!
    • Hoogle
    • By Hoogle 12th Jan 18, 10:02 PM
    • 123 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Hoogle
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:02 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:02 PM
    well as much as i love packing everything in to your holiday 7 days just isnt enough to do all of them and do extra activities on top. You are going to have to get very efficient with fast pass tickets, at best you could do 2 parks per day if you know exactly where your going and what rides you want to do. but even Universal has Universal 1 day at least, Islands of adventure another day, Harry potter could be pushed into 1 day. Good thing is excluding harry potter if you buy a day pass for universal it also works in islands of adventure not sure if it will get you into harry potter that was always seperate tickets when it first opened.
    Disney you can buy a 3 day pass and park hop. Realistically your going to have to sit down with the family and pick what you all want to do and that is assuming no weather warnings making parks closed (luckily good time of year for that)

As for tickets buying them here is more expensive if you go to places like ticket booths on international drive you can buy unspent passes ie if a family buy a 7 day pass and only use 6 they can sell the last day back to these touts so you can always pick up bargains and can scan tickets to see what access is left on them if your organised you can pick up 7 days worth of passes in odds and ends of other used tickets for the price of a 3 day pass. They use to be a lot more flexible as in it would last all year until you used the tickets biut now they have an 30 or 7 day expiry from when the 1st day was used....

As for shopping there is plenty to do assuming you have a car and some cash to spend then Millenia mall is fantastic but very high end just of the I4 but Florida mall off the Orange Blossom Trail is a more typical mall, and on the junction of florida mall and sand lake road is a department store called Ross may be Marshalls same company different names they are like our TK maxx but the originals and a lot cheaper for end of line designer clothes.

If you want more sports clothes then there is Belz factory outlet on Idrive also next door to Ross/marshalls at the opposite end of Idrive to sea World.

On Sea World Drive there is a Marriott Reneissance Hotel, opposite sea world entrance that do a sunday champagne Brunch for $40 all you can eat seafood including lobster etc that is very nice but you do have dress for the occassion.

I wish you look my parents took me their when I was 14 and I loved it and we went for 3 weeks and still didnt do everything and you wont even get 10% of it done in 7 days there is just to many shows/parades/fireworks rides and attractions to see, Downtown DIsney very good for night life, universal city limits also excellent.

If i was you then I wouldnt touch disney universal will be enough in the 7 days and save disney til later on a good reason to go back.

If you are staying at a hotel there will probably be a rep that can you to sit in some time share sales pitch sit through it and you usually get a free family day pass to a theme park but is a boring 2 hours
    • jog
    • By jog 14th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    • 312 Posts
    • 245 Thanks
    jog
    • 14th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    • 14th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    I thought you shouldn't buy part used tickets as when you enter the parks for the first time your fingerprint is scanned and linked the the ticket and therefore somelse can't then use the ticket.

I may be wrong but that was my understanding.
    • steve1500
    • By steve1500 14th Jan 18, 4:46 PM
    • 978 Posts
    • 639 Thanks
    steve1500
    • 14th Jan 18, 4:46 PM
    • 14th Jan 18, 4:46 PM
    Tickets are definitely linked to finger prints at Disney & Universal

No way can you do both Parks, there are six at Disney alone
    Last edited by steve1500; 14-01-2018 at 6:40 PM.
    Private Parking Tickets is my way of telling the wife to use her car and not mine
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 14th Jan 18, 8:47 PM
    • 18,989 Posts
    • 43,854 Thanks
    peachyprice
    • 14th Jan 18, 8:47 PM
    • 14th Jan 18, 8:47 PM
    With children of that age and only 7 days I would just to Universal, if you buy here you get a 3 park 14 day ticket for around £240 which includes the 2 theme parks and the water park.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

25Posts Today

4,937Users online

Martin's Twitter