Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ulric
    • By Ulric 12th Jan 18, 11:54 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ulric
    Brittania Parking and Disabled Blue Badge
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:54 AM
    Brittania Parking and Disabled Blue Badge 12th Jan 18 at 11:54 AM
    Hi there, this is my first post to the forum!
    The person driving my car has been parking at a Brittannia run Car Park behind shops in Muswell Hill N10 for the last few years at no fee due to Disabled Blue Badge being displayed and Blue Badge Holders being able to park at no charge.

Clearly this must have changed very recently as I (as keeper of the vehicle have received 5 PCNs through my post box in the last week! All of them show my car number plate entering and leaving this car park with the fine now due of £50 to rise to £85 in 28 days. I am in absolute shock as I have realised that as the driver of my car parks there most days for shopping etc. - As keeper of vehicle i could be facing another 5 - 8 PCNS through my post box!!

Yesterday the driver of my car went to the car park and told me that they could see in SMALL PRINT on new signs that Disabled Blue Badge drivers must have a valid paid ticket to pack. So this has clearly been implemented in the last half of December as the signs look new, but 1) the signs are bolted to walls quite low - maybe hip height and 2) the text is small that you would never see it unless you decided to read the sign word for word.
    My issue is this: Clearly they have changed their rules and disabled drivers now have to pay to park. I don't have an issue with this. What is a huge financial worry for me that i will be forced to pay these PCNs for what the driver of my vechicle has done for the last few years with no issue - pack using Blue Badge! They have have parked and displayed the Blue Badge issued by the council and gone about their business (as my named driver) unaware of the fact that they have changed their rules and having not seen obscurely placed signage with small text.

Can anyone help with my next step? Am I liable, or is the appeal process and POPLA thing the way to go?

All help/advice will be gratefully received.
    Last edited by Ulric; 12-01-2018 at 5:16 PM. Reason: removing my details as driver od car
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jan 18, 11:58 AM
    • 33,999 Posts
    • 17,938 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:58 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:58 AM
    Yes follow appeals advice in the Newbies FAQ thread.

Appeal each one separately

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving.

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

Kick up a fuss with the shops etc you visit, your local press etc alongside the appeals
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jan 18, 1:18 AM
    • 52,782 Posts
    • 66,305 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jan 18, 1:18 AM
    • 14th Jan 18, 1:18 AM
    Am I liable
    No, you won't be paying anything.

is the appeal process and POPLA thing the way to go?
    Yes, in the right way, as keeper.

What does the wording on these PCNs say about the 28/29 days for liability - exact words?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 14th Jan 18, 9:41 AM
    • 7,613 Posts
    • 6,696 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 14th Jan 18, 9:41 AM
    • 14th Jan 18, 9:41 AM
    you would never see it unless you decided to read the sign word for word.

Surely reading a contract word for word is the sensible thing to do.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,210Posts Today

9,629Users online

Martin's Twitter