Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pressurebutton
    • By Pressurebutton 12th Jan 18, 10:07 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Pressurebutton
    Openreach and delays
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:07 AM
    Openreach and delays 12th Jan 18 at 10:07 AM
    I thought the deal advised by MSE in Oct 27th for BT phone and broadband deal was worth taking. However already knew that the line to the property was broken from pole the bungalow. (Rental property and not had previous connection). So on placing order advised on comments that engineers should consider this issue first. Booked for 27th Nov. Now still waiting for a telegraph pole as engineers refused to re contect line as they say it is below regulation height.
    I seem to have no way of chasing the original order BT cancelled my order once then reinstated but with no reference to the original offer. Openreach have monopoly and do not deal direct with public. Feel like screaming!
Page 1
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 12th Jan 18, 10:34 AM
    • 3,767 Posts
    • 8,396 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:34 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:34 AM
    It's up to your supplier to deal with Openreach as you have no contractual relationship. Some are better than others, but if you will go for a supplier that competes on price then they are making sacrifices elsewhere, and having competent people to keep on top of difficult problems is one area that will suffer.

Basically you need to keep on at your supplier so they put pressure on BT Wholesale.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • littleboo
    • By littleboo 12th Jan 18, 10:52 AM
    • 554 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    littleboo
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:52 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:52 AM
    If the line cant be re-instated because it would be too low (maybe that's why it was damaged in the first place) then its going to need some sort of infrastructure change - a new pole and/or digging. These things can be protracted by the need to get the necessary permissions from the council etc.
    • force ten
    • By force ten 12th Jan 18, 11:04 AM
    • 1,687 Posts
    • 1,134 Thanks
    force ten
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:04 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 11:04 AM
    the line from the pole to the house crossing a road or a shared driveway has to be erected at a safe minimum height above five meters

news.bbc.co.uk/england/2826683

low wires are dangerous and can be fatal
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,835Posts Today

9,435Users online

Martin's Twitter