Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Petitehele
    • By Petitehele 11th Jan 18, 10:38 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Petitehele
    Relocating to Milton Keynes -Maternity care?
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:38 PM
    Relocating to Milton Keynes -Maternity care? 11th Jan 18 at 10:38 PM
    Hello all

Will be relocating to MK from Essex at the end of this month and the new house is in Old Farm Park (nearby grids are wavendon gate and walnut tree), I am 13weeks pregnant, has anyone transferred their maternity care previously from a different borough and where do I start? Had a good look online but have no clue apart from hospital facilities?

Thanks!
Page 1
    • G_M
    • By G_M 12th Jan 18, 12:53 AM
    • 42,733 Posts
    • 49,940 Thanks
    G_M
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:53 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 12:53 AM
    It's not really a property question is it? Or even moneysaving!

Suggest posting elsewhere. Try the health/beauty board, or maybe mumsnet. Or google for maternity related forums.
    • Cakeguts
    • By Cakeguts 12th Jan 18, 1:32 AM
    • 3,518 Posts
    • 4,866 Thanks
    Cakeguts
    • 12th Jan 18, 1:32 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 1:32 AM
    It's not really a property question is it? Or even moneysaving!

Suggest posting elsewhere. Try the health/beauty board, or maybe mumsnet. Or google for maternity related forums.
    Originally posted by G_M
    I thought it was just me who didn't get this one.
    • Daddy942
    • By Daddy942 12th Jan 18, 1:45 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Daddy942
    • 12th Jan 18, 1:45 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 1:45 AM
    I would imagine it would be a mater of registering with the local doctor and asking for a referral, i doubt it would take them long to sort it all out, I moved to MK about 6 years ago
    • Petitehele
    • By Petitehele 13th Jan 18, 7:49 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Petitehele
    • 13th Jan 18, 7:49 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 7:49 PM
    sorry, being a newbie didnt know where to start! i did try mumsnet but not had much luck on the local MK board, thanks for the suggestion @Daddy942
    • sulphate
    • By sulphate 13th Jan 18, 9:37 PM
    • 1,153 Posts
    • 3,344 Thanks
    sulphate
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:37 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:37 PM
    We moved last summer when I was 10ish weeks pregnant. Id recommend registering with your local doctors ASAP and when you take the forms in, tell them you are x weeks pregnant and need referring to the midwives. They will probably give you either an appointment to see the midwives and/or their number so you can contact them directly. Depending on how many weeks you are by the. make sure you tell them you need your 20 week scan booked ASAP.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

84Posts Today

3,913Users online

Martin's Twitter