Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrrobinson88
    • By mrrobinson88 11th Jan 18, 9:05 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mrrobinson88
    Cashplus account
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:05 PM
    Cashplus account 11th Jan 18 at 9:05 PM
    Hi,

I noticed an envelope which had Cashplus on it, addressed to my stepson. He is 18 and is currently looking for work. I asked him what it was (as I donít want him getting into debt - he has no income, meaning potential trouble arriving at my door!) but he told me it was just rubbish and put it in his pocket.

I have done some research on Cashplus and I have a feeling heís opened a Cashplus account as itís instantly approved. My question is, why would someone open an account like this, if they are out of work and already have a current account on the high st??
Page 1
    • john1002
    • By john1002 12th Jan 18, 8:41 AM
    • 889 Posts
    • 371 Thanks
    john1002
    • 12th Jan 18, 8:41 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 8:41 AM
    Could be just a flyer looking to get him to open an account or he might want to build a credit history which this card can do for a small monthly charge. He might want flexibility or thinks it might be easier to get an overdraft or direct debit protection they offer after a qualifying time.

John
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 12th Jan 18, 10:25 AM
    • 3,053 Posts
    • 1,391 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:25 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 10:25 AM
    A prepaid Cashplus account costs at least a fiver per month, with dubious benefits. I think they also offer credit at high interest and even a credit card.

You could suggest to him the Loot prepaid account instead to avoid the fees, and he may then tell you what he's using Cashplus for that Loot doesn't do.

https://loot.io/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,376Posts Today

8,008Users online

Martin's Twitter