Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• moomintroll2010
    • By moomintroll2010 11th Jan 18, 9:01 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Britannia Parking - Totally confused!
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:01 PM
    Britannia Parking - Totally confused! 11th Jan 18 at 9:01 PM
    Would really appreciate some help/advice as after reading through many posts relating to parking charge notices I am very confused and not sure which way to go.
    This morning I received a parking charge notice from Britannia Parking stating it was a 'Final Reminder' for a parking charge notice apparently issued on 17th December. This is the first correspondence I have received from them. I contacted their customer service without giving away any information that wasn't stated on the letter and asked them A, what the charge was for, B, how much the charge was as this information was not stated on the letter and C, which retail park car park the contravention was issued in. The customer service representative said that a car registered in my name was parked in a retail park car park for over the 3 hours stated but was unable to tell me which retail park it related to. I was also not told how much the said charge was for and that If I had an issue to raise an appeal through their website.
    I started this process but didn't submit as it was asking for lots of information and who the driver was in the car. I was able to to see 2 pictures of the car, one was entering a car park at 12:41 and another leaving a car park at 16:06 - the pictures are cropped so I am cannot make out which car park it is. I am not convinced that the car was parked in a retail car park for any length of time, especially over 3 hours and that the car left and may have re-entered the car park before the ANPR clocked the car leaving at 16:06. As no tickets are issued in the car park and having checked bank statements, can see no purchases were made in any of the shops on any of the retail parks in the area that afternoon, I do not know how I can prove the vehicle wasn't parked there for the duration.
    Should I use the template for appeals to BPA members? Is this double dipping? I just feel that nothing I have read so far applies to what seems to have happened.
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 6,136 Posts
    • 5,056 Thanks
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    I just feel that nothing I have read so far applies to what seems to have happened.
    Originally posted by moomintroll2010
    Have you read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread?

Some of the very first few lines of the first post in that thread are:
    ''I have read the NEWBIES thread but cannot find anything specific to my case is different''.

Just follow the directions in that post and you'll be fine.

Oh, and when you post again, can you please break up your text into paragraphs to make it easier to read.
    Help others to help you.
    Last edited by KeithP; 11-01-2018 at 9:14 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jan 18, 9:11 PM
    • 55,023 Posts
    • 68,717 Thanks
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:11 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:11 PM
    I contacted their customer service
    LOOOLLLLL!!! ParkingFirms don't have such a team! Honestly. No ''customers''. Think about it.

Seeing as this is so common from Britannia (not sending a PCN before 'Reminder') you should complain:

Send ALL those links to Steve Clark of the BPA by email, plus a link to your own thread here, and a copy of the 'Final Reminder' you got, and say there appears to be something of a pattern, getting more common recently, for Britannia to forget to send any PCN and you suspect they are in some cases (one rogue clerk maybe?) getting DVLA data and going straight to 'Final Reminder', giving the motorist NO details of the allegation and no real chance to appeal properly:

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

222Posts Today

2,464Users online

Martin's Twitter