Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Ch31534
    • By Ch31534 11th Jan 18, 7:59 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Warranty period for a computer?
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:59 PM
    Warranty period for a computer? 11th Jan 18 at 7:59 PM
    I am looking for some advice.
    I purchased a computer with purpose build software to use within my business.
    It was expensive and included a years warranty. After a few months the software become faulty. It would still work and I could use it, but it was very problematic. I tried to get it repaired by the company but was fobbed off. I continued to attempt to get it sorted and it never did get repaired. After 12 months they said they will look at it but I would have to pay to extend my warranty period which I refused.
    I am looking at what my rights are as it was not fit for purpose and the period of time was not reasonable and I identified the issue to them way before the end of the warranty period.
    I hope this makes sense!!!
Page 1
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 11th Jan 18, 8:01 PM
    • 3,674 Posts
    • 6,364 Thanks
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:01 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:01 PM
    As it was a business to business purchase you will have to look at the terms of whatever contract you agreed to as you do not have any consumer rights for this sale/contract.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

342Posts Today

4,707Users online

Martin's Twitter