Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • samthefootball1
    • By samthefootball1 11th Jan 18, 7:28 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 3Thanks
    samthefootball1
    Will It affect me
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:28 PM
    Will It affect me 11th Jan 18 at 7:28 PM
    Hi, last year was terrible for me. I was on the student room and got banned cause i got angry. I said things I should not have said and the police have found out. Brighton police phoned me and I admitted it and said sorry but now I have to sign some forms by the local police which I don't know what for. The person said I am not in trouble or anything but Im worried what might happen
Page 1
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 11th Jan 18, 7:47 PM
    • 4,412 Posts
    • 7,347 Thanks
    sangie595
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:47 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:47 PM
    I don't know what you've said or done or what the papers are. And this doesn't clarify any of that. Or why you are posting on an employment board about something that had nothing to do with employment. But if you are banned and have alienated posters by whatever you said, what makes you think anyone would help you? If the police are involved then you need legal advice... It would have to be very serious for the police to get involved in something said by you on this board. So I don't think we can help.
    • samthefootball1
    • By samthefootball1 11th Jan 18, 7:49 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    samthefootball1
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:49 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:49 PM
    Because Im not sure if it will affect me when it comes to getting a job.
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 11th Jan 18, 7:51 PM
    • 4,412 Posts
    • 7,347 Thanks
    sangie595
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:51 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:51 PM
    We can't tell you. We don't know what is going on! But being on this site of the police are involved in the reason you were banned is a very bad idea!
    • samthefootball1
    • By samthefootball1 11th Jan 18, 7:53 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    samthefootball1
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:53 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:53 PM
    We can't tell you. We don't know what is going on! But being on this site of the police are involved in the reason you were banned is a very bad idea!
    Originally posted by sangie595
    I am not on that site any more and will never go on it again so there is no problem there. The guy on the phone said I was not in any trouble but I just needed to sign some forms so I was wondering if things like that come up under any checks for employers
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 11th Jan 18, 7:57 PM
    • 18,915 Posts
    • 19,266 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:57 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:57 PM
    You have been banned from this site too, haven't you? So why are you here?
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 11th Jan 18, 8:41 PM
    • 18,915 Posts
    • 19,266 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:41 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:41 PM
    I'm pleased to report that Sam has explained that he has been allowed back on the site by MSE Towers, so I have unlocked this thread again.
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 11th Jan 18, 8:45 PM
    • 4,412 Posts
    • 7,347 Thanks
    sangie595
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:45 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:45 PM
    But I still don't think we can help. To get the police involved in something means that'd whatever happened was serious. If the police want documents that we don't know about signing, I'd say that he needs legal advice as to what he is being asked to sign. And whether those unknown documents affect his employability is something we can't say.
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 11th Jan 18, 9:01 PM
    • 18,915 Posts
    • 19,266 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:01 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:01 PM
    I am locking the thread again as Sam has asked me to. He said he doesn't think the time is right for him to be on here again, and I take this as a mature and measured judgement.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,895Posts Today

8,894Users online

Martin's Twitter