Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BaileysNose
    • By BaileysNose 11th Jan 18, 7:13 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 11Thanks
    BaileysNose
    ES Parking Enforcement - NTK over the 14 day window
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:13 PM
    ES Parking Enforcement - NTK over the 14 day window 11th Jan 18 at 7:13 PM
    Im sure I will get told off as having not read something but have gone over guides and threads and done this before successfully and still not sure. But I would still appreciate the help so here goes. A relative has received a NTK from ES Parking Enforcement after failing to buy a ticket as the machine was broken.

It sounds like most appeals to ES and the IPC are a waste of time and advice is to appeal to the landowner which I will try or wait and ignore the threat letters from debt recovery.

There was no ticket issued on the day - the date of parking was 21st Dec 2017 and letter is dated 5th Jan 2018. Postmark on envelope is 10th Jan 2018. So over the allotted time allowed under the PoFA - my question is - does this NTK include reference to PoFA and is this a valid argument to get the charge thrown out before going to debt recovery? I think the answer is no but just need to double check...

NB - it wont let me post an image of the NTK? I have uploaded to tinyPic and have a link...
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Jan 18, 7:27 PM
    • 17,200 Posts
    • 21,499 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:27 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:27 PM
    POFA2012 is not mandatory , but for an NTK to adhere to POFA it must follow all the rules in schedule 4 , especially on wording and timescales etc

if no windscreen ticket was issued on the day then it must arrive by day 15 and must contain the correct POFA wordings

otherwise it failes POFA (but may still be a valid invoice)

if it fails POFA2012, then the keeper is not liable but will still be harassed about it and the PPC will presume that the keeper and driver are one and the same person , so NO it wont be "thrown out"

the initial appeal should be made using the correct template

the IAS should not be used unless there are VALID reasons for doing so

nothing other than a cancellation will stop it going to debt collectors (who can and should be ignored)

the PPC has 6 years to issue a formal LBC or an MCOL from Northampton CCBC - these should NOT be ignored
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jan 18, 8:43 PM
    • 52,923 Posts
    • 66,461 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:43 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:43 PM
    my question is - does this NTK include reference to PoFA and is this a valid argument to get the charge thrown out before going to debt recovery?
    No because the IAS will not 'throw it out' for you.

The IAS will tip the burden against you from the outset and 'expect' the keeper to prove within an inch of their life, with documents and Google location proof, work records/holiday flight tickets, etc., that they were not and can't have been the driver, otherwise the 'Assessor' (anonymous person paid for by the IPC...) will just say they assume the keeper was the driver so the POFA doesn't matter.

None of that would hold water in court. But it does at IAS...of course. Conflict of interests.

Debt recovery letters are a laugh; I've ignored loads re PPCs over the years.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• claxtome
    • By claxtome 11th Jan 18, 8:45 PM
    • 482 Posts
    • 527 Thanks
    claxtome
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:45 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:45 PM
    I would second what Redx and Coupon-mad have said.
    I am not a fan of ES, personal reasons, so have subscribed to your thread and will help where I can.

NB - it wont let me post an image of the NTK? I have uploaded to tinyPic and have a link...
    It is because you have not been a member long enough. (Need 10 posts I think)
    Post the link in another post but before you click submit break the link by changing http to hxxp and a regular will post the link correctly.
    Last edited by claxtome; 11-01-2018 at 9:02 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,306Posts Today

9,819Users online

Martin's Twitter