Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Nesty
    • By Nesty 11th Jan 18, 4:28 PM
    • 407Posts
    • 79Thanks
    Lost item at GSP centre Who is liable GSP or me?
    • 11th Jan 18, 4:28 PM
    Lost item at GSP centre Who is liable GSP or me? 11th Jan 18 at 4:28 PM
    I posted this item in the 1st week of December via GSP. After about 38 days. The buyer messages me they never received their item.
    I have a delivery confirmation via Royal mail to GSP centre. However, nothing is showing up on the GSP scanning tracking part, as taken it in/in transit etc?
    It hasnít gone to claim yet, as I told the buyer I would investigate.
    I know itís after 30 ebay days for a claim. However, I suppose I am still open to a paypal claim under 60 day rule and possible negative if I donít get it sorted out.
    What happens am I liable or GSP. Does the buyer claim via me or GSP?
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 11th Jan 18, 5:52 PM
    • 12,026 Posts
    • 8,145 Thanks
    • 11th Jan 18, 5:52 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 5:52 PM
    If you can show delivery to GSP and have added that to the purchase (and any subsequent case) then you will win an INR claim.

As for timescales, I think there may be a little confusion.

Ebay is 30 days from latest estimated (or actual) delivery date. Paypal is 180 days from purchase. Feedback is 60 days from purchase.

Normally what happens is you direct the buyer (if they don't do it themselves) to open an INR on eBay (you direct them there as it's easier than them doing it on Paypal and you sorting out the mess) and then you can either leave it to the automated system (which isn't perfect) or you can ring eBay and cite GSP, asking them to refund with eBay / GSP funds.
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 14th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    • 14th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    • 14th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    OK many thanks for this.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,426Posts Today

8,970Users online

Martin's Twitter