Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrmench
    • By mrmench 11th Jan 18, 3:34 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 8Thanks
    mrmench
    Horizon Parking Hearing Tommorow- No information received from the other side
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:34 PM
    Horizon Parking Hearing Tommorow- No information received from the other side 11th Jan 18 at 3:34 PM
    Hi All,

A couple of months ago I successfully defended a claim against Horizon Parking/Gladstones Solicitors, in which the Judge found in my favor due to various holes in their defense including evidence of a robo claim, no evidence the maps they included in their witness statement related to the parking site in question, and further no contract being formed between the driver and them.

I am in court tomorrow for another claim against me, for the same parking site but different dates.

The court ordered us both to file anything which we seek to reply upon by a certain date (i.e. witness statements, defences etc) to which I complied with. To date I have received nothing from Gladstones solicitors apart from a particulars of claim.

Do I go to court tomorrow and tell the Judge that the last claim (same circumstances) was found in my favor, and this is clear evidence they have no respect for the court in filing robo claims and they are now seeking to ambush me in court therefore the claim should be thrown out.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    MM
Page 2
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jan 18, 3:10 PM
    • 34,131 Posts
    • 18,083 Thanks
    Quentin
    Comply with the judge.

Get a certificate of posting from the Post Office when you send it . Don't use signed for!
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 12th Jan 18, 3:15 PM
    • 1,948 Posts
    • 3,434 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    What shall I do now?
    Follow the court's instruction and file and serve a paper copy of my witness statement.

Did you get their pack and what do the pics and the contract show? Are they different from the earlier case? Have they somehow plugged the gaps they had before and how?
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • Ped Mota
    • By Ped Mota 12th Jan 18, 4:05 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Ped Mota
    My hearing was meant to be next week and I called the Bristol county court today and was told that Gladstone had told the court the claim was settled!

Could they have done the same in your case?
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 12th Jan 18, 4:11 PM
    • 1,948 Posts
    • 3,434 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    My hearing was meant to be next week
    Is this less than 7 days. If so apply to the court for costs. Sounds as if Gladstones are trying to duck the 7 day rule.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,414Posts Today

8,294Users online

Martin's Twitter