Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Millsey123
    • By Millsey123 11th Jan 18, 3:29 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Millsey123
    Panel heaters
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:29 PM
    Panel heaters 11th Jan 18 at 3:29 PM
    Hi.
    I have just moved into a new ground floor flat and it has levante panel heaters in all rooms. I'm not too sure how they work and don't wanna pay sky high electric prices so I have just been putting it on a couple of hours before bed and an hour before getting up.

Today I got up late and left them on while I was at work. The setting they are on says it's runs at 10c in the day then heats up in the evening. It has a built in thermostat.

My question is once it reaches that temp does it go off and stop using electricity or am I in for a hefty bill having left them on during my 12 hour shift?
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 11th Jan 18, 3:49 PM
    • 17,631 Posts
    • 11,894 Thanks
    molerat
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:49 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:49 PM
    If it is controlled at 10 deg all day, meaning it will be clicking on and off, then it is unlikely to run away with the bills unlike a standard 2kW fan heater.
    Last edited by molerat; 11-01-2018 at 4:01 PM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

483Posts Today

4,577Users online

Martin's Twitter