Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    • By nxdmsandkaskdjaqd 11th Jan 18, 1:59 PM
    • 490Posts
    • 48Thanks
    nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    Inheritance tax question
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:59 PM
    Inheritance tax question 11th Jan 18 at 1:59 PM
    I understand that ISA’s and uncrystallised pensions can be transferred to spouses upon the 1st death tax free (age less than 75). My question is, how are these 2 items treated for IHT, are they excluded or included in the IHT calculation?
Page 1
    • kidmugsy
    • By kidmugsy 11th Jan 18, 3:30 PM
    • 9,984 Posts
    • 6,739 Thanks
    kidmugsy
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:30 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:30 PM
    I understand that ISAs ... can be transferred to spouses upon the 1st death tax free.
    Originally posted by nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    If your ISA money goes to your spouse there is no IHT to pay. Because she (or he) is your spouse.

I understand that ... uncrystallised pensions can be transferred to spouses upon the 1st death tax free (age less than 75).
    Originally posted by nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    You can complete a form nominating that your pension money pass to a spouse, sibling, grandchild, or Uncle Tom Cobbleigh. There's no IHT to pay because the money is not in your estate.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,414Posts Today

8,294Users online

Martin's Twitter