Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hazel77
    • By Hazel77 11th Jan 18, 1:33 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Hazel77
    Best Online Estate Agencies - Advice needed
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:33 PM
    Best Online Estate Agencies - Advice needed 11th Jan 18 at 1:33 PM
    I've only ever used high street estate agencies to sell properties however this time I'm thinking of using an online estate agent. I'm after honest reviews/experience from people who have used online estate agencies. So far I've only had negative reviews, however these are from estate agents themselves rather than actual users of their services so (in my opinion) these views are likely to be biased. So far what I'm mainly hearing is that they don't complete full checks on buyers and are more likely to cause a collapse in the buying chain. Please help
Page 1
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 11th Jan 18, 2:31 PM
    • 9,914 Posts
    • 12,647 Thanks
    hazyjo
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:31 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:31 PM
    I went with a high street one in the end, but had whittled it down to housenetwork and eMoov (reviews, others' experiences, etc). My neighbour used the first and was happy enough with them.

Not all EAs 'complete full checks' - I've bought 8 times and only remember once having to get my lender to send an email/fax saying I was good for the money. Certainly haven't done any more than that. I think my neighbour said housenetwork did check out buyers - not sure to what extent.
    2018 wins:
    • googler
    • By googler 11th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    • 14,531 Posts
    • 9,398 Thanks
    googler
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    Lots and lots of threads in this forum on this topic, and much discussion already.

Can I suggest you do a forum search for previous threads, please?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,081Posts Today

8,948Users online

Martin's Twitter