Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • North123
    • By North123 11th Jan 18, 1:28 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    North123
    Advice needed please!!
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:28 PM
    Advice needed please!! 11th Jan 18 at 1:28 PM
    I received a pcn back in August which I naively appealed without referring to this site. Itís now got to theí letter before claimí stage and so I just want to ask whether I have any kind of appeal (my guess is no!)
    I parked in a car park which I had never used before- pulled into a space and a lady gave me her ticket which had time left on it. I therefore did not go to the ticket machine so didnít realise the car park had anpr. I assume this is no defence as all tickets say not transferrable?
    All advice appreciated.
Page 1
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 11th Jan 18, 1:39 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 504 Thanks
    claxtome
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:39 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:39 PM
    Do you have to put the licence plate number in the machine do you know?
    I would expect so.
    (Not sure if you can go and check if you don't know)
    • North123
    • By North123 11th Jan 18, 2:34 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    North123
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:34 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:34 PM
    Thanks for replying. I donít know but could go back to check. I expect you do though.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    • 34,120 Posts
    • 18,069 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    Read up on this in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum to learn about the game you are caught up in.

There is comprehensive advice on dealing with the letter before claim as well as how to defend a court claim
    • North123
    • By North123 11th Jan 18, 2:40 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    North123
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:40 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:40 PM
    Thank you. Just wondered if anyone knew whether this was contestable?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Jan 18, 2:43 PM
    • 16,346 Posts
    • 25,436 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:43 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:43 PM
    Originally posted by North123
    Everything is contestable in this game. Only mugs donít contest and supinely pay the demands.

If you tell us who the parking comany is we might be able to give you a better idea of how your case might proceed.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Jan 18, 2:44 PM
    • 34,120 Posts
    • 18,069 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:44 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:44 PM

They are all "contestable"

Which you will see if you spend time on the FAQ!
    • North123
    • By North123 11th Jan 18, 2:51 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    North123
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:51 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:51 PM
    itís hx car park management
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Jan 18, 3:14 PM
    • 16,346 Posts
    • 25,436 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:14 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:14 PM
    itís hx car park management
    https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211664369-HX-Car-Park-Management-Ltd

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/HX_Car_Park_Management.html

They have had a dabble with some small claims. Not seen any reported results - from memory. They use Gladstones Solicitors who really manage to mess up many contested cases.

Deal with your LBA and any subsequent documentation as per the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2. You need to study that section comprehensively so youíre ready for the next stage and not surprised/shocked by what drops through your letterbox.

Do some forum searches on ĎHX courtí and ĎHX Gladstonesí.

HOW TO USE SEARCH

Use the Forum Jump button (one near the top and one near bottom of this page) to get back to the forum thread list. Just above the threads, on the right, is a heading along a line, next to forum tools, called 'Search this Forum'. Put your key word(s) in and change the default search from 'Show Threads' to 'Show Posts'.
    Also do a wider Google search on ĎYouíve been Gladstonedí
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • North123
    • By North123 11th Jan 18, 3:34 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    North123
    Thank you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,931Posts Today

8,334Users online

Martin's Twitter