Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RiccyGonzalez
    • By RiccyGonzalez 11th Jan 18, 9:21 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    RiccyGonzalez
    Unsolicited Refund of Fees x 3??
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:21 AM
    Unsolicited Refund of Fees x 3?? 11th Jan 18 at 9:21 AM
    Can someone shed some light on this. I called up my BS (Nationwide) to complain about a transaction charge they had levied that I deemed unfair and the lady agreed to refund etc, this may or may not be connected, however I have now noticed that one of my other accounts has been credited 3 times by £13 each time. The transactions are labelled "Monthly Account Fee Refund" which is pretty clear, but before I go to the bank and ask these questions can anyone tell me:
    a) why all of a sudden have they credited me without me asking?
    b) why three?
    c) why not more? After all if I'm due a refund it can't just be for the last three months can it?
    d) should I pursue them for the rest?
Page 1
    • RiccyGonzalez
    • By RiccyGonzalez 11th Jan 18, 9:24 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RiccyGonzalez
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:24 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:24 AM
    I've just looked back and it seems that in October the fee went up from £10 to £13. I wonder if this is a mistake in that they haven't notified me properly or something?
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 11th Jan 18, 2:16 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 211 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:16 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:16 PM
    Ask Nationwide

Only they can tell you why
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,479Posts Today

8,223Users online

Martin's Twitter