Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Thurso man
    • By Thurso man 11th Jan 18, 12:32 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Thurso man
    Mortgage LTV property valuation.
    • 11th Jan 18, 12:32 AM
    Mortgage LTV property valuation. 11th Jan 18 at 12:32 AM
    Hi,

I am due to come to the end of my fix term mortgage having bought my house two years ago.

I am right on the edge of having a LTV of 85%. At the moment I am slightly above it however,

When I bought the house it was valued £3k more than what i paid for it. With the valuation being £3k more I would be below the 85% LTV.

I Am currently with the Halifax and I’ll ‘shop’ around for the best deal but my question is...

Will Halifax take the valuation of my house at what it is was 2 years ago? what i paid for it two years ago? Will they come up with a value based on the market etc? Or will I have to get it revalued by a surveyor and hope they value it at the same value as 2 years ago?

I am worried the bank will want me to stay above 85% so they get more money out of me.

Thanks for any help.
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 11th Jan 18, 9:33 AM
    • 32,640 Posts
    • 17,573 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:33 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:33 AM
    They use an indexed valuation.

Brokers can access these online using a mortgage account number, so you can probably do the same.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • copperclock
    • By copperclock 11th Jan 18, 10:03 AM
    • 256 Posts
    • 297 Thanks
    copperclock
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:03 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:03 AM
    You should be able to call them and ask what they value your house at today.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

183Posts Today

2,161Users online

Martin's Twitter