Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MWAUGH1983
    • By MWAUGH1983 10th Jan 18, 10:35 PM
    • 197Posts
    • 27Thanks
    MWAUGH1983
    Job Seekers Allowance
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:35 PM
    Job Seekers Allowance 10th Jan 18 at 10:35 PM
    Hi All,

Just wondered if it is possible to get JSA if you hand your notice in ?

Cheers

MWAUGH1983
Page 1
    • TadleyBaggie
    • By TadleyBaggie 10th Jan 18, 10:45 PM
    • 2,546 Posts
    • 1,873 Thanks
    TadleyBaggie
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:45 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:45 PM
    Probably not immediately, you may be sanctioned for a number of months.
    • crackerberry
    • By crackerberry 10th Jan 18, 10:51 PM
    • 734 Posts
    • 1,168 Thanks
    crackerberry
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:51 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:51 PM
    It's 9 years ago since I resigned from a job and signed on so things may have changed but I was paid JSA. I did get sent a form to complete asking why I had resigned, which I completed, explaining I left because of experiencing bullying, and I heard nothing more. I was very surprised as I didn't think I'd be eligible and was fully expecting JSA to stop, but it didnt.
    • keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • By keepcalmandstayoutofdebt 10th Jan 18, 11:22 PM
    • 2,991 Posts
    • 1,550 Thanks
    keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:22 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:22 PM
    Sorry if jumping to conclusions - not without good grounds, which you would use to apply an appeal to any sanction.

That was my experience of JSA in 2013 - in the 4 weeks sanctioned/post appeal win another job came up anyway.

I've no idea about nowadays with Uni credit. Am I glad I didn't have to find out - Yes.

You'd just get a temporary job even if a few weeks, it use to reset eligibility if the temporary employer decides they are unable to keep you on.

If in between jobs - not sure you'd bother with the hassle. 2/3 weeks waiting to start new job flys by.

Though appreciate there is also the possibility new job doesn't work out.
    "If you are caught in a rainstorm, once you accept that you'll receive a soaking, the only thing left to do is enjoy the walk"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,210Posts Today

9,629Users online

Martin's Twitter